According to Mexico’s visa policy, the citizens of over 60 countries are exempt from getting a visa when traveling to Mexico for tourism purposes. The citizens of Trinidad and Tobago are among them. While you may not need a visa, you still need to buy a Mexico tourist card. You can do that on the plane or on arrival, but if you use the services provided by iVisa, you can get the document online before departure in just 30 minutes.
Mexico Visa for the citizens of Trinidad and Tobago – requirements
You will be pleased to know that the list of requirements does not contain anything that may be difficult to acquire. With that being said, here is what you need for a successful application process:
- Valid passport – you cannot get a Forma Migratoria Multiple unless you hold a passport. Plus, the visa policy of Mexico requires that the passport should be valid for at least another 6 months from your date of arrival in Mexico.
- Flight ticket – remember that this requirement applies only to tourists who decide to travel by air. The flight number is what matters. People who travel by car do not need a substitute document.
- E-mail address – as you can imagine, when you apply online for your tourist card, the document arrives via e-mail in PDF format. You must remember to print it out before departure. We recommend more than one physical copy. Also, just in case your FMM gets lost or stolen, make sure to have the FMM number written down somewhere.
- Means of payment – when you apply online, the payment must be made online too. As to that, iVisa is pretty flexible. You can pay using a credit or a debit card, but PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat are also acceptable.
Mexico Visa for the citizens of Trinidad and Tobago – the online application form
After you get everything from the list above, you can move forward with the process, meaning that you are free to fill in the application form. You should not spend more than 20 minutes of your time completing the task, but if you need help or have questions, do not hesitate to contact iVisa’s customer support. It can be reached non-stop and free of charge.
You will see that the form created by iVisa consists of three steps. The first one requires you to provide general information, but you also have to select a processing time for your application and a means of travel. As for the former, you are given three options, and the one you pick will determine the cost of your Mexico tourist card. You can opt for one of the following:
- Standard processing – this is the most commonly preferred option because it is the cheapest. Your application is processed within 24 hours, and you are charged only $20.
- Rush processing – if you wish for faster processing, you can select this one. It takes 6 hours for your Mexico tourist card to arrive, and the fee is $40.
- Super Rush processing – this time, your application is processed within just 30 minutes, but the fee gets a bit higher. You will be charged $60.
When you travel by car, the cost of your Mexico tourist card differs. You will be charged an additional $29 for each processing time.
During the second step, all you have to do is to review the information you provided and make the payment. Even a simple typo can invalidate your tourist card. And finally, step number three focuses on supporting documents. You will have to upload them. You can submit your application as soon as you are finished, and iVisa will take it from there.
The bottom line is that the online process of getting a Mexico tourist card is better than the alternatives. The document you are sent is valid for 180 days since arrival, you can use it form one entry, and your stay in Mexico is covered for up to 180 days.