As a Ugandan citizen, you cannot travel to Mexico for tourism or business purposes unless you pay a visit to the nearest Mexican embassy and apply for a visa. At the same time, you must purchase a Mexico tourist card, which is available with multiple airlines, as well as on arrival. Nevertheless, iVisa can help you acquire the FMM card online. It can be yours in just 30 minutes.
Mexico Visa for the citizens of Uganda – the requirements
If you want to apply online for your Mexico tourist card, then you have to make sure that you can come up with everything necessary for a successful application process. With that being said, here is what you will need:
- Passport – to acquire a Mexico tourist card, you need to have a passport. Moreover, Mexico's visa policy states that the passport has to remain valid for at least another 6 months from your arrival in Mexico.
- Airline ticket – iVisa is interested in the flight number. Keep in mind that you must fulfill this requirement only if you choose to travel by air.
- E-mail address – when you complete an online application process, the FMM card arrives via e-mail in PDF format. Remember to print out at least one physical copy before departure. At the same time, we suggest that you write down the number of your tourist card just in case it gets lost or stolen.
- Means of payment – you will be happy to learn that iVisa accepts multiple methods of payment. You can either use a credit or a debit card, but you can also pay using PayPal, Alipay, or WeChat. Whichever is most convenient for you.
Mexico Visa for the citizens of Uganda – the online application process
Once you notice that you have all of the above, all that is left to do is to fill in the application form. This task is not at all challenging, and you should be done with it in about 20 minutes. Even so, if necessary, you can reach iVisa’s customer support 24/7. The service is free of charge.
For your benefit, iVisa broke down the form into three stages. The first one wants your personal information. Also, you have to choose a processing timeframe for your application, as well as a means of travel. Keep in mind that the two choices you make will determine the cost of your Mexico tourist card. When it comes to processing, here are your options:
- Standard processing – most people go for this option because it is the cheapest. You only have to pay $20, and your application is processed within 24 hours.
- Rush processing – for things to move a bit faster, you can choose this option, and your Mexico tourist card will arrive within 6 hours. The fee, however, is $40.
- Super Rush processing – this is the fastest option you can select. It is the most expensive too. Your application is processed within just 30 minutes, and you will be charged $60.
In case you plan to enter Mexico by car, you will have to pay more. An extra $29, to be more precise. As a result, you will be charged $49, $69, and $89 respectively for each processing option.
Stage number two consists of payment and revision. It is essential that all the information you provide iVisa with is 100% accurate. Otherwise, you risk receiving an invalid FMM card. And finally, the third stage wants you to upload a few documents that support your application. Once you do that, you can submit your request, and iVisa will take care of everything that follows.
The bottom line is that the citizens of Uganda enjoy a short and smooth process when applying for a Mexico tourist card online. The FMM card has a validity period of 180 days since the date of arrival, and it can only be used for one entry.