As a Ukrainian national, you need to apply for a tourist visa if you want to spend your vacation in Mexico.
And for that, you should know that what you mainly need is a Mexico tourist card. This document can be purchased from the airline you are traveling with or when you arrive in Mexico, but there is a better alternative. If you use the services provided by iVisa, you can get the tourist card online before departure quite fast.
Do you want to learn more about this document? then we invite you to keep reading this article.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Do I need a visa to enter Mexico if I'm an Ukrainian Citizen?
Yes, you need a visa if you want to enter Mexico. But for your benefit, you can simply get a Tourist Card or Forma Migratoria Múltiple (FMM). Remember that Ukraine is one of the countries that needs this document to enter Mexico legally.
How Long can Ukrainians stay in Mexico?
If you're from Ukraine, you can stay in Mexico only for 180 days Total. And also remember that during this amount of time you shouldn't get any paid work or employment.
How many types of Mexican Tourist Cards or FMM are there for Ukrainians?
There are only two types:
- FMM by air (the most commonly requested)
- FMM by land (has an extra charge)
What is a Mexican Tourist Card?
What are the requirements for Ukrainian citizens?
Before you start the online application process, you need to check if you have everything necessary at your disposal. Fortunately, you do not need much. Only the following:
- Valid passport – you cannot get a Forma Migratoria Multiple unless you hold a passport. Plus, the visa policy of Mexico requires that the passport should be valid for at least another 6 months from your date of arrival in Mexico.
- Flight ticket – remember that this requirement applies only to tourists who decide to travel by air. The flight number is what matters. People who travel by car do not need a substitute document.
- E-mail address – as you can imagine, when you apply online for your tourist card, the document arrives via e-mail in PDF format. You must remember to print it out before departure. We recommend more than one physical copy. Also, just in case your FMM gets lost or stolen, make sure to have the FMM number written down somewhere.
- Means of payment – when you apply online, the payment must be made online too. As to that, iVisa is pretty flexible. You can pay using a credit or a debit card, but PayPal is also acceptable.
Keep in mind that the following documents are the most important that the Mexican Government will ask to approve your FMM:
Legal Guardian 1 Passport Page Scan (if applicable) Passport Personal Details Scan (if applicable)
Legal Guardian 1 Passport Page Scan (if applicable)
Passport Personal Details Scan (if applicable)
How much does it cost to apply for a Mexican FMM?
This will depending on your choices. In other words, if you will travel by land or air and if you prefer to have your FMM as soon as possible. By knowing that you will know how much you will spend on your Mexico tourist card. When it comes to processing, you have the following options:
- Standard processing – this is the most commonly preferred option because it is the cheapest. Your application is processed within 24 hours, and you are charged only USD 20.00.
- Rush processing – if you wish for a faster processing, you can select this one. It takes 4 hours for your Mexico tourist card to arrive, and the fee is USD 40.00.
- Super Rush processing – this time, your application is processed in just 30 minutes, but the fee gets a bit higher. You will be charged USD 60.00.
In case you choose to travel by car, the cost of your Mexico tourist card differs. You will be charged an additional USD 29.00 for each processing time.
How can I apply for the Mexican FMM?
After you make sure that you meet the requirements, you can move on and fill in the application form. You should be done in no more than 20 minutes but remember that if you need help or have questions, iVisa offers 24/7 customer support at no charge.
The form in questions consists of three steps:
The first one focuses on personal information, means of travel, and processing time for your application.
The second step consists of payment and review properly.
Now the third is the point at which you must provide to iVisa other supporting documents fpr your application. You are going to have to upload them. You can submit your request once you complete all three steps, and iVisa will handle the bureaucracy that follows. But your job is done.
The bottom line is that the online process of getting a Mexico tourist card involves little effort on your behalf as you might have seen.
After I complete the application form, what should I do?
In that case you just need to wait for your FMM to arrive on your e-mail box. You don't need to deal with the embassy. We do it for you in order to save you valuable time.
The next thing you have to do is only to print your Tourist FMM and take it with you as soon as you arrive in Mexico. Don't forget that you already have it linked to your passport, but it's recommended to take a copy.
And what if I'm traveling with children?
In case you're planning to travel with children, you have to apply for them too, individually.
Can I apply for other people?
It depends. You can apply online for other friends or family members, but as long as you have their basic information and they're from Ukraine too.
In case the application is needed only for one person, you can do it here introducing their basic information. On the contrary, if you want to apply for more than one person, you can easily do it by clicking ‘Add new applicant’ in the application form.
How am I able to know when my FMM is ready?
We will properly inform you by e-mail. This will be possible after the Mexican Government approves your FMM
Can I use iVisa to apply for this Mexican document?
Yes, totally! We have an skillful team that's been working with official e-Visas for more than 6 years. Many citizens fear for their personal data getting leaked just like that and anywhere on the Internet, but with our services that's not something to be scared off.
Where do I see a sample of this document?
Here's a sample of a Mexican Tourist Card:
I have more questions, is there more info?
Start here your application form if you're ready than ever to get your Mexican FMM. iVisa works hardly to simplify the process, and the best it that it comes with a 9.5 ‘Excellent’ rating from thousands and thousands of reviewers on Trustpilot. Start planning your vacations to this exotic country now!