Like many other nationalities, the citizens of Uruguay do not have to obtain a visa before traveling to Mexico when the trip is strictly for tourism purposes. However, what you need is a Mexico tourist card. You can obtain one on the plane on your way to Mexico, or you can get it on arrival. But iVisa gives you the possibility to apply for the document online before departure. As a result, you can have it in just 30 minutes.
Mexico Visa for the citizens of Uruguay – requirements
The online application process is not challenging at all. However, you still need to make a small effort to put together everything necessary. Even so, you do not need much. Only the following:
- Valid passport – you cannot get a Forma Migratoria Multiple unless you hold a passport. Plus, the visa policy of Mexico requires that the passport should be valid for at least another 6 months from your date of arrival in Mexico.
- Flight ticket – remember that this requirement applies only to tourists who decide to travel by air. The flight number is what matters. People who travel by car do not need a substitute document.
- E-mail address – as you can imagine, when you apply online for your tourist card, the document arrives via e-mail in PDF format. You must remember to print it out before departure. We recommend more than one physical copy. Also, just in case your FMM gets lost or stolen, make sure to have the FMM number written down somewhere.
- Means of payment – when you apply online, the payment must be made online too. As to that, iVisa is pretty flexible. You can pay using a credit or a debit card, but PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat are also acceptable.
Mexico Visa for the citizens of Uruguay – the online application form
After you notice that you meet all the requirements, you can proceed to fill in the application form. You will not find this task to be complicated, but if it happens to need help or have questions, do not hesitate to contact iVisa’s customer support. The service can be reached 24/7 and is entirely free of charge.
The form you must go over is split into three parts. The first one focuses on general information, processing time, and means of transportation. The last two will have an influence on the cost of your Mexico tourist card. When it comes to processing, iVisa gives you three options:
- Standard processing – this is the most commonly preferred option because it is the cheapest. Your application is processed within 24 hours, and you are charged only $20.
- Rush processing – if you wish for faster processing, you can select this one. It takes 6 hours for your Mexico tourist card to arrive, and the fee is $40.
- Super Rush processing – this time, your application is processed within just 30 minutes, but the fee gets a bit higher. You will be charged $60.
When you travel by car, the cost of your Mexico tourist card differs. You will be charged an additional $29 for each processing time.
The second part wants you to take care of the payment and review your form carefully to make sure it does not contain inaccurate information, while the third comes with a few instructions on how to upload the documents that support your application. You can click on the submit button when you are done, and iVisa will take it from there.
As you can see, there is nothing complicated about the online process of getting a Mexico tourist card. The document you receive is valid for 180 days since your arrival in Mexico, and it covers a single entry.