As a citizen of Venezuela, if you decide to spend your vacation in Mexico, know that you do not need a tourist visa to cross its borders. What you do need, however, is a Mexico tourist card, also called a Forma Migratoria Multiple. You can obtain it on the plane on your way to your destination, or you can get it on arrival. But Visa allows you to apply for the card online before departure. That way, you can have it approved in just 30 minutes if you so wish.
Mexico Visa for the citizens of Venezuela – requirements
Before you start the online application process, you need to make sure that you can provide iVisa with everything necessary. That should not be a difficult task for you because the list of requirements does not contain anything that may be challenging to acquire. Here is what you need:
- Valid passport – you cannot get a Forma Migratoria Multiple unless you hold a passport. Plus, the visa policy of Mexico requires that the passport should be valid for at least another 6 months from your date of arrival in Mexico.
- Flight ticket – remember that this requirement applies only to tourists who decide to travel by air. The flight number is what matters. People who travel by car do not need a substitute document.
- E-mail address – as you can imagine, when you apply online for your tourist card, the document arrives via e-mail in PDF format. You must remember to print it out before departure. We recommend more than one physical copy. Also, just in case your FMM gets lost or stolen, make sure to have the FMM number written down somewhere.
- Means of payment – when you apply online, the payment must be made online too. As to that, iVisa is pretty flexible. You can pay using a credit or a debit card, but PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat are also acceptable.
Mexico Visa for the citizens of Venezuela – the online application form
Once the requirements are met, you can proceed to the application page and fill in the form. Usually, it takes applicants about 20 minutes to be done with it, but if you need help, you can reach iVisa’s customer support via online chat or phone. The service is available non-stop and free of charge.
You will notice that the form in question has three steps. The first one wants your personal information, but you also have to select a processing timeframe for your application, as well as a means of travel. The cost of your Mexico tourist card depends on the choices you make. Regarding the processing time, you can opt for one of the following:
- Standard processing – this is the most commonly preferred option because it is the cheapest. Your application is processed within 24 hours, and you are charged only $20.
- Rush processing – if you wish for faster processing, you can select this one. It takes 6 hours for your Mexico tourist card to arrive, and the fee is $40.
- Super Rush processing – this time, your application is processed within just 30 minutes, but the fee gets a bit higher. You will be charged $60.
When you travel by car, the cost of your Mexico tourist card differs. You will be charged an additional $29 for each processing time.
The second step is even easier. You must take care of the payment and review your form. It is essential that all the information you provide is 100% correct. And lastly, the third step expects you to upload the documents that support your application. When you are through, you can submit your request, and iVisa will deliver the tourist card in the timeframe of your choosing.
The bottom line is that the citizens of Venezuela enjoy a short and smooth process when obtaining a Mexico tourist card. The document has a validity period of 180 days after arrival, it covers a single entry, and you can use it to stay in Mexico for no more than 180 days.