The citizens of Zambia, like most nationalities in the world, need to apply for a visa if they wish to cross the Mexican borders regardless of the purpose of the trip. You are also asked to purchase a Mexico tourist card, otherwise known as a Forma Migratoria Multiple. iVisa cannot help with the visa itself, but it can help you obtain the FMM card online before departure.
Mexico Visa for the citizens of Zambia – the requirements
The first thing you have to do is to make sure that you can provide iVisa with everything it needs to get the application process started. With that being said, you will need the following:
- Passport – to acquire a Mexico tourist card, you need to have a passport. Moreover, Mexico's visa policy states that the passport has to remain valid for at least another 6 months from your arrival in Mexico.
- Airline ticket – iVisa is interested in the flight number. Keep in mind that you must fulfill this requirement only if you choose to travel by air.
- E-mail address – when you complete an online application process, the FMM card arrives via e-mail in PDF format. Remember to print out at least one physical copy before departure. At the same time, we suggest that you write down the number of your tourist card just in case it gets lost or stolen.
- Means of payment – you will be happy to learn that iVisa accepts multiple methods of payment. You can either use a credit or a debit card, but you can also pay using PayPal, Alipay, or WeChat. Whichever is most convenient for you.
Mexico Visa for the citizens of Zambia – processing time and fees
The amount you will be charged for your Mexico tourist card is based on the processing timeframe you select for your application, as well as on your means of travel to Mexico. As far as the processing is concerned, you have the following options:
- Standard processing – most people go for this option because it is the cheapest. You only have to pay $20, and your application is processed within 24 hours.
- Rush processing – for things to move a bit faster, you can choose this option, and your Mexico tourist card will arrive within 6 hours. The fee, however, is $40.
- Super Rush processing – this is the fastest option you can select. It is the most expensive too. Your application is processed within just 30 minutes, and you will be charged $60.
When you choose to enter Mexico by car, you will have to pay more. An extra $29, to be more precise. Consequently, you will be charged $49, $69, and $89 respectively for each processing option.
The online application form
When you consider yourself ready and all the requirements are met, you can move on and fill in the application form. It is generally perceived as an easy task, but if you need help or have concerns, you can reach iVisa’s customer support via online chat or phone. The service is available non-stop and free of charge.
The form you are asked to fill in consists of three steps. The first one focuses on personal information, processing time, and means of travel. The second step wants you to cover the payment and carefully review your form, while the third requires you to do some documents upload. When the last step is complete, you can submit your application, and iVisa will take it from there.
As you can see, iVisa created a short and simple application process so that the Mexico tourist card is accessible to everyone. The FMM card you receive is valid for 180 days since the date or arrival, and it can be used for a single entry.