The citizens of Zimbabwe who wish to travel to Mexico for business or tourism purposes are required to first get a visa. A Mexico tourist card, also called a Forma Migratoria Multiple, is also mandatory. The former is available at an embassy, while the latter can be purchased on the plane or on arrival. However, with Visa, you can acquire the FMM card online before departure in as little as 30 minutes.
Mexico Visa for the citizens of Zimbabwe – requirements
In case you make the decision to apply online for a Mexico tourist card, you should know that the application process is not demanding at all, the first thing you have to do is to make sure that you have at hand the following:
- Passport – to acquire a Mexico tourist card, you need to have a passport. Moreover, Mexico's visa policy states that the passport has to remain valid for at least another 6 months from your arrival in Mexico.
- Airline ticket – iVisa is interested in the flight number. Keep in mind that you must fulfill this requirement only if you choose to travel by air.
- E-mail address – when you complete an online application process, the FMM card arrives via e-mail in PDF format. Remember to print out at least one physical copy before departure. At the same time, we suggest that you write down the number of your tourist card just in case it gets lost or stolen.
- Means of payment – you will be happy to learn that iVisa accepts multiple methods of payment. You can either use a credit or a debit card, but you can also pay using PayPal, Alipay, or WeChat. Whichever is most convenient for you.
Mexico Visa for the citizens of Zimbabwe – the online application form
After you come up with everything from the list above, you are ready to fill in the application form. You should be done with this task in about 20 minutes. However, if you have questions or concerns about the process, do not hesitate to contact iVisa’s customer support. It is reachable 24/7 and free of charge.
Once you access the application page, you will notice that the form has three steps. The first one wants your personal information, but it also makes you choose a processing time for your application and mention your means of travel. The cost of your Mexico tourist card is based on the two choices. As for processing, iVisa gives you three options:
- Standard processing – most people go for this option because it is the cheapest. You only have to pay $20, and your application is processed within 24 hours.
- Rush processing – for things to move a bit faster, you can choose this option, and your Mexico tourist card will arrive within 6 hours. The fee, however, is $40.
- Super Rush processing – this is the fastest option you can select. It is the most expensive too. Your application is processed within just 30 minutes, and you will be charged $60.
In case you plan to enter Mexico by car, you will have to pay more. An extra $29, to be more precise. As a result, you will be charged $49, $69, and $89 respectively for each processing option.
Step number two requires you to insert your payment details and review your form. You must provide only accurate information if you do not want to end up with an invalid FMM card. And lastly, the third step is the moment when you iVisa asks that you upload a few necessary documents. As soon as you do that, you can submit your application, and the FMM card will arrive in the timeframe you agreed on.
As you can see, the online application process of a Mexico tourist card involves minimal effort. The FMM card is valid for 180 starting the day of your arrival in Mexico, and you can use it for a single entry. You can stay in Mexico for no more than 180 days.