Vietnamese citizens, same as other 66 nationalities, do not need a tourist visa when traveling to Mexico for tourism purposes. They are exempt. However, a Mexico tourist card is necessary regardless of the nationality. Also known as a Forma Migratoria Multiple, the document can be obtained on the plane or on arrival. But with iVisa, you can apply for the tourist card online before departure. You can have t approved in as little as 30 minutes.
Mexico Visa for Vietnamese citizens – the requirements
To start the online application process, you need to first check if you have everything you need. Lucky for you, the list of requirements is short and contains items that are easy to acquire. Here is what you must have at hand:
- Valid passport – you cannot get a Forma Migratoria Multiple unless you hold a passport. Plus, the visa policy of Mexico requires that the passport should be valid for at least another 6 months from your date of arrival in Mexico.
- Flight ticket – remember that this requirement applies only to tourists who decide to travel by air. The flight number is what matters. People who travel by car do not need a substitute document.
- E-mail address – as you can imagine, when you apply online for your tourist card, the document arrives via e-mail in PDF format. You must remember to print it out before departure. We recommend more than one physical copy. Also, just in case your FMM gets lost or stolen, make sure to have the FMM number written down somewhere.
- Means of payment – when you apply online, the payment must be made online too. As to that, iVisa is pretty flexible. You can pay using a credit or a debit card, but PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat are also acceptable.
Mexico Visa for Vietnamese citizens – the online application form
Right after you gather all of the above, you can move on and fill in the application form. You should not spend more than 20 minutes completing this task. If you need any help, iVisa’s customer support can be reached via online chat or phone 24/7. The service does not charge.
iVisa created a simple 2-step application form for your convenience. The first step asks for general information, but you also have to choose a processing time for your application and a means of travel. The price of your Mexico tourist card depends on your decision. When it comes to processing, iVisa gives you three options:
- Standard processing – this is the most commonly preferred option because it is the cheapest. Your application is processed within 24 hours, and you are charged only $20.
- Rush processing – if you wish for faster processing, you can select this one. It takes 6 hours for your Mexico tourist card to arrive, and the fee is $40.
- Super Rush processing – this time, your application is processed within just 30 minutes, but the fee gets a bit higher. You will be charged $60.
When you travel by car, the cost of your Mexico tourist card differs. You will be charged an additional $29 for each processing time.
Step number two wants you to take care of the payment and review your form, while the third asks that you provide iVisa with the necessary documents that support your request. You will be required to upload them. After you do that, you can submit your application, and iVisa will handle everything else that follows.
Needless to say, the online process of obtaining a Mexico tourist card is close to effortless. The document you are sent has a validity period of 180 days after arrival, you can use it for a single entry, and you can stay in Mexico for no more than 180 days.