Learn More: Tourist eVisa
IMPORTANT UPDATES: Myanmar is currently closed to tourism.
Myanmar launched the Tourist e-Visa system on 1 September 2014. e-Visas are issued online for tourism and business purposes only.
By using iVisa.com, travelers of certain nationalities do not have to visit the consulate to apply for a Tourist e-Visa. You can submit all the required documents and information and pay the visa fees online. This streamlined system cuts out the time wasted waiting in lines and costly processes that were previously in place.
The Myanmar Tourist e-Visa is an official document issued electronically by the Government of the Republic of the Union of Myanmar. Applicants will receive their visas via email, after filling the application form with the necessary information and once the online credit card payment is completed.
Required Documents to Apply
Passport with at least 6 months of validity
A scanned color copy of passport bio page
A recent color passport-sized digital photo
Credit/debit card or PayPal account for payment
As a national from Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Philippines, Thailand and Viet Nam, you DO NOT require a visa for tourist visits of UP TO 14 days if entering and departing from Yangon, Mandalay, or Naypyidaw International Airports. If you would like to stay in Myanmar over 14 days, or wish to enter or exit from ANY of the land border checkpoints, then please apply for the appropriate eVisa.
The passport-style color photo must have been taken in the last 3 months.
Myanmar Tourist e-Visa holders are allowed to stay in Myanmar for a maximum of 28 days in Total in Single Entry.
Travelers must have passports with at least 6 months of validity from the planned date of entry.
The Myanmar e-Visa is valid for 90 days after issued.
IN THE CASE OF A MINOR:
For children over 7 years old, or for those who already have an individual passport, the parent must apply separately for their e-Visa.
Children under 7 years old can travel to Myanmar without the need for an individual e-Visa if they meet the following requirements:
- The child must be accompanied by the parent/guardian.
- The child must be included in the parent/guardian’s passport.
- The details of the child must be included in the parent/guardian’s e-Visa.
IMPORTANT: Remember that when you travel with the e-Visa you can ONLY enter Myanmar through the following ports of entry:
3 International Airports:
- Yangon International Airport
- Mandalay International Airport
- Nap Pyi Taw International Airport
5 International Land Border Checkpoints:
- Tachileik Land Border
- Myawaddy Land Border
- Kawthaung Land Border
- Tamu Land Border
- Rih Khaw Dar Land Border
Our customers have great stories about us
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need a COVID vaccine or vaccination certificate to enter Myanmar?
No, you don't. COVID vaccination passports or certificates are not a mandatory to enter Myanmar but it will affect quarantine requirements.
- Approved vaccines are AstraZeneca, Pfizer, Sinovac, Janssen, Sinopharm, Moderna, Sputnik V.
- Travelers are considered vaccinated if all doses of a vaccine against SARS-Cov-2 have been administered for at least two weeks before traveling.
Since information may change quickly, we advise you to follow up on the latest Myanmar travel updates and/or contact your local embassy.
Is there a COVID-19 testing requirement to enter Myanmar?
Is there a quarantine requirement for travelers arriving to Myanmar?
- Quarantine requirements: Vaccinated travelers: 10 days (hotel quarantine).
- Quarantine requirements: Unvaccinated travelers: 14 days (hotel quarantine).
- Quarantine testing: Both fully vaccinated and unvaccinated travelers will be tested for COVID-19 by RT-PCR on day 1, day 3 and day 7 during the quarantine period.
What is the Myanmar Tourist e-Visa?
What do I need to apply for a Myanmar tourist e-Visa?
We require the following to submit your information:
- Passport with at least 6 months validity from the planned date of entry.
- Passport-style color photo taken within 3 months of your application.
- A debit/credit card for payment.
How much does a Myanmar Tourist e-Visa cost?
How long does it take to process a Myanmar Tourist e-Visa?
- Standard Processing: 3 Business Days
- Rush Processing: 2 Business Days
- Super Rush Processing: 12 hours
How long is a Myanmar tourist e-Visa valid for?
Yellow fever vaccination requirements to travel to Myanmar
A yellow fever vaccine is required if traveling from a country with risk of yellow fever transmission.
More information in the following link:
What requirements should my passport meet if I want to apply for a Myanmar Tourist e-Visa?
I plan to travel to Myanmar in three months, can I apply now?
When should I apply for my e-Visa?
What countries are exempt from a visa to Myanmar?
How many entries do I get with the Myanmar e-Visa?
Which nationalities can apply for a Myanmar Tourist e-Visa through iVisa?
What size is the entry stamp on the passport for e-Visa?
My application was denied, what should I do now?
I do not have my hotel bookings, can I apply online?
Can I enter Myanmar with my e-Visa visa at any point of entry?
- One of the 3 International Airports: Yangon, Mandalay, Nay Pyi Taw
- One of the 5 International Land Border Checkpoints: Tachileik, Myawaddy, Kawthaung, Tamu-Moreh, Rih Khaw Dar-Zokhawthar
My child is under 7 years old, does he/she need a separate e-Visa and what are the costs associated?
Can I use my e-Visa to enter Myanmar when I arrive with by cruise ship?
How long can I stay in Myanmar with the Tourist e-Visa?
I plan to travel from Myanmar to another country for a short trip and return to Myanmar. Do I need to apply for two Visas within such a short period of time?
Learn more about Myanmar Tourism
Where can I read more?
- Myanmar Visa Requirements: Do I Need A Vaccine To Travel to Myanmar
- MYANMAR 14 DAY QUARANTINE REQUIREMENT
- Myanmar visa for German
- Myanmar visa for Israeli
- Myanmar visa for Romanian
- Myanmar Visa Policy: An A-Z guide to visiting Myanmar
- Myanmar visa for Dutch
- Myanmar visa for Spaniards
- Myanmar visa for Austrian
- Myanmar visa for South Korean
- MYANMAR VISA FOR U.S. CITIZENS
- Myanmar visa for Chinese
- Myanmar visa for Ukrainian
- Myanmar visa for Irish
- Myanmar eVisa Frequently Asked Questions
- MYANMAR VISA FOR FRENCH
- Myanmar Visa for Indians
- HOW CAN I GET A MYANMAR VISA EXTENSION?
- Myanmar Visa for Canadians
- MYANMAR VISA FOR TURKISH CITIZENS
- MYANMAR VISA FOR TAIWANESE
- Myanmar visa for Swiss citizen
- Myanmar Visa for Sri Lankans
- Myanmar visa for South African citizens
- MYANMAR VISA FOR SAUDI ARABIAN
- MYANMAR VISA FOR RUSSIAN CITIZENS
- MYANMAR VISA FOR POLISH
- MYANMAR VISA FOR NORWEGIAN
- Myanmar visa for Nepalese
- MYANMAR VISA FOR MALAYSIANS
- MYANMAR VISA FOR GHANAIAN
- MYANMAR VISA FOR KENYAN
- MYANMAR VISA FOR ITALIAN
- MYANMAR VISA FOR EGYPTIANS
- MYANMAR VISA FOR BHUTANESE
- Myanmar visa for Bangladeshi
- MYANMAR VISA FOR AUSTRALIAN
- MYANMAR VISA FOR UK CITIZENS
- Myanmar visa for New Zealand citizen
- Myanmar Visa for Pakistani Citizens
- MYANMAR VISA FOR PORTUGUESE
- Myanmar visa for Greek
- Myanmar Visa for Singaporeans
- Myanmar visa for Colombians
- MYANMAR VISA FOR JAPANESE