Learn More: Tourist eVisa
Last Updated June 2022
Myanmar is open for international travel, but before you can head over to this idyllic destination, you’ll need to learn about the current travel restrictions and the necessary travel documents you’ll need for your trip.
If your nationality is among the eligible countries, you can apply for a tourist or business visa online with iVisa.com, and visit Myanmar in no time. You’ll be able to enjoy the traditional lifestyle of this charming country while you explore beautiful landscapes, sacred stupas, and Buddhist sights.
Below, you’ll find all the relevant information on how to complete Myanmar’s tourist visa application and all of the current COVID-19 travel requirements.
What is the Myanmar Tourist Visa?
The Myanmar Tourist eVisa is an official document allowing entry to Myanmar, issued electronically by the Government of the Republic of the Union of Myanmar. Visa applicants need to fill out an online form and upload the necessary documents. Once the visa is approved, they will receive it electronically via email.
This electronic visa system has been available for travelers since 1 September 2014. Foreign nationals can apply for a tourism or business visa, without ever stepping into a Myanmar embassy. This streamlined system cuts out the time wasted waiting in lines and costly processes that were previously in place.
The Myanmar electronic visa (eVisa) is also known as the eVisa Approval Letter, and it is a mandatory travel requirement for foreign nationals from qualifying countries who wish to visit the Republic of Myanmar for tourism purposes.
Which nationalities are eligible for the Myanmar Tourist Visa?
Applicants from the following countries are eligible for a Myanmar eVisa:
|Bolivia||Bosnia and Herzegovina||Brazil||Bulgaria|
|Costa Rica||Cote d'Ivoire||Croatia||Cyprus|
|South Africa||Spain||Sri Lanka||Sweden|
|Switzerland||Taiwan||Thailand (Thai Citizens)||Turkey|
|Uganda||Ukraine||United Kingdom (UK Citizens)(British)||United States (US Citizens)(Americans)|
Due to the current health emergency, travelers carrying tourist visas can only enter Myanmar through Yangon International Airport.
If you are visiting Myanmar via cruise or boat, please contact your travel agent or your nearest Myanmar embassy for a pre-arranged visa on arrival, as you cannot use the Myanmar Visa to enter the country via seaport.
How long is the Myanmar Tourist Visa valid for?
The Myanmar Visa is valid for 90 days after issued. It is a Single Entry visa and allows a maximum stay of 28 days in Total within the 90-day validity window.
If you already know your arrival date in Myanmar, you can start your visa application with iVisa.com and we will queue your application and initiate it at the right time so your visa is valid during your entire stay in Myanmar.
If you still don’t know the dates of your trip, then we recommend that you confirm them before applying for your visa.
What are the Myanmar Tourist Visa requirements?
To complete your visa application you will need to gather the following documents:
- Passport with at least 6 months of validity
- A scanned color copy of the passport’s details page
- A recent color passport-sized digital photo. This photo cannot be older than 3 months - If you don't have a recent one, we also offer a passport photo service to obtain one in no time.
- Credit or debit card for payment
We recommend that you have all the visa requirements handy when you start your visa application process.
How do I apply for the Myanmar Tourist Visa online?
Applying for your tourist visa won’t take you longer than 15 minutes. You just need to fill out an online form with your personal information and the details of your trip. Once you’re done, we will ask you to double-check that all the information is correct to avoid any setbacks in your application. After that, you’ll need to upload the supporting documents and pay the visa fee. Make sure that the scans of the supporting documents are clear and legible, as it is one of the main reasons for visa rejection. Avoid uploading blurred or smudged scans.
Once we receive your visa application, one of our travel experts will carefully review and make sure that there are no inconsistencies before processing it. If we find any issues, we'll reach out to you to fix them free of charge before processing your visa. You will receive your valid visa via email once it’s ready.
What are the costs and processing time of the Myanmar Tourist Visa?
The visa fee will depend on how fast you want to receive it. We offer three different processing speeds that adapt to our customers' needs.
- Standard Processing takes 7 Business Days and costs USD 99.99.
- Rush Processing takes 5 Business Days and costs USD 141.99
- Super Rush Processing takes only 3 Business Days and USD 191.99
Traveling with minors: Do children need to apply for a visa to enter Myanmar?
For minors over 7 years old, or for those who already have an individual passport, the parent or legal guardian must apply separately for their tourist visa.
Minors under 7 years old can travel to Myanmar without the need for an individual visa if they meet the following requirements:
- The child must be accompanied by the parent/guardian.
- The child must be included in the parent/guardian’s passport.
- The details of the child must be included in the parent/guardian’s tourist visa.
In any case, you can easily add your child to your visa application process when you apply with iVisa.com.
Do I need a tourist Visa if I’m transiting through Myanmar?
Only if you wish to leave the transit area. If you remain in the transit area at the airport and have a valid passport and an onward ticket, then you won’t need to apply for a tourist or transit visa.
If you have a long layover or want to leave the transit area, then you should contact the nearest Myanmar embassy or consulate for further information about your visa needs.
What are the visa-exempt countries?
If you are a national from Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Philippines, Thailand, and Vietnam, you don’t require a visa for a tourist visit of up to 14 days, if entering and departing from Yangon, Mandalay, or Naypyidaw International Airports.
If you would like to stay in Myanmar for over 14 days or wish to enter or exit from ANY of the land border checkpoints, then use our visa checker tool to see which visa you'll need based on your trip.
Myanmar visa sample
COVID-19 Entry Requirements
- Fully vaccinated travelers need a negative RDT (Rapid Diagnostic Test) result issued at most 48 hours before arrival.
- Unvaccinated travelers need a negative PCR test result issued at most 48 hours before arrival.
- Children under 12 years old are exempted from this requirement.
- All travelers will take a Rapid Diagnostic Test on arrival at their own cost.
A COVID vaccination is required for entry to Myanmar. Only children under 12 years old are exempted from this requirement.
Approved vaccines are Pfizer, AstraZeneca, Moderna, Janssen, Covishield, Sinovac, Sinopharm, Sputnik V, Sputnik Light, Covaxin, Nuvaxovid, Covovax, CorBEvax, Myancopharm.
You are considered fully vaccinated if all doses of a vaccine against SARS-Cov-2 have been administered for at least two weeks before traveling.
To enter Myanmar, all travelers need to obtain COVID-19 medical insurance purchased from Myanma insurance. You can get this policy through iVisa.com along with your tourist visa. You will need to print the insurance policy and present the hard copy upon arrival.
Travelers may leave the airport after receiving their negative test results.
In order to restore international travel, the authorities implemented a series of entry requirements that are meant to curb the spread of COVID-19 including filling out the mandatory health form. Travelers will need to submit this mandatory health declaration form to the health authorities upon arrival in Myanmar.
Applying with iVisa.com
At iVisa.com, we pride ourselves on providing an outstanding service that helps citizens from every country streamline their visa application processes. We have been processing visa applications for years and have become experts in the matter. We know that obtaining a visa can be a headache, that’s why we have simplified our processes so it doesn’t take longer than 15 minutes to complete an application.
We also take security very seriously and have implemented the strictest security measures to keep your personal and payment information safe at all times.
Where can I learn more?
For further information about this or any other visa, you can always reach out to our excellent customer service team. They are available all day, every day to answer all your questions.
Required Documents to Apply
Passport with at least 6 months of validity
A scanned color copy of passport bio page
A recent color passport-sized digital photo
Credit/debit card or PayPal account for payment
As a national from Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Philippines, Thailand and Viet Nam, you DO NOT require a visa for tourist visits of UP TO 14 days if entering and departing from Yangon, Mandalay, or Naypyidaw International Airports. If you would like to stay in Myanmar over 14 days, or wish to enter or exit from ANY of the land border checkpoints, then please apply for the appropriate eVisa.
The passport-style color photo must have been taken in the last 3 months.
Myanmar Tourist e-Visa holders are allowed to stay in Myanmar for a maximum of 28 days in Total in Single Entry.
Travelers must have passports with at least 6 months of validity from the planned date of entry.
The Myanmar e-Visa is valid for 90 days after issued.
All travelers need COVID-19 medical insurance purchased from Myanma insurance.
IN THE CASE OF A MINOR:
For children over 7 years old, or for those who already have an individual passport, the parent must apply separately for their e-Visa.
Children under 7 years old can travel to Myanmar without the need for an individual e-Visa if they meet the following requirements:
- The child must be accompanied by the parent/guardian.
- The child must be included in the parent/guardian’s passport.
- The details of the child must be included in the parent/guardian’s e-Visa.
IMPORTANT: Remember that when you travel with the e-Visa you can ONLY enter Myanmar through the following ports of entry:
3 International Airports:
- Yangon International Airport
- Mandalay International Airport
- Nap Pyi Taw International Airport
5 International Land Border Checkpoints:
- Tachileik Land Border
- Myawaddy Land Border
- Kawthaung Land Border
- Tamu Land Border
- Rih Khaw Dar Land Border
Was this page helpful?
Our customers have great stories about us
Is iVisa.com a legitimate company?
Our Company is accredited and recognized by the International Air Transport Association (IATA) and has a validated IATA Agency Code. If you want to check this information you can verify our membership using our bearing No. 23716873 at http://store.iata.org/ieccacfree.
Remember that the customer service team at iVisa.com is here 24/7 to answer any questions you may have about our service.
What requirements should my passport meet if I want to apply for a Myanmar Tourist e-Visa?
Passport Personal Details Scan (if applicable)
Medical proof of COVID-19 vaccination (if applicable)
Proof of Travel Medical Insurance
Proof of Accommodation
Yellow fever vaccination requirements to travel to Myanmar
A yellow fever vaccine is required if traveling from a country with risk of yellow fever transmission.
More information in the following link:
I plan to travel to Myanmar in three months, can I apply now?
When should I apply for my e-Visa?
What size is the entry stamp on the passport for e-Visa?
My application was denied, what should I do now?
I do not have my hotel bookings, can I apply online?
Can I enter Myanmar with my e-Visa visa at any point of entry?
- One of the 3 International Airports: Yangon, Mandalay, Nay Pyi Taw
- One of the 5 International Land Border Checkpoints: Tachileik, Myawaddy, Kawthaung, Tamu-Moreh, Rih Khaw Dar-Zokhawthar
I plan to travel from Myanmar to another country for a short trip and return to Myanmar. Do I need to apply for two Visas within such a short period of time?
Learn more about Myanmar Tourism
Where can I read more?
- Myanmar Entry Requirements Covid: What You Need To Know
- Myanmar Travel Restrictions Covid-19: Important Advice
- Myanmar Visa Requirements: Do I Need A Vaccine To Travel to Myanmar
- MYANMAR 14 DAY QUARANTINE REQUIREMENT
- Do Venezuelans need a visa to Myanmar?
- Myanmar Visa Process
- Myanmar eVisa Fee
- Myanmar Visa for Swedish Citizens
- Document Visa Myanmar
- Visa On Arrival Myanmar Fee
- How long does it take to get Myanmar Visa?
- Countries that don’t need a visa For Myanmar
- Visa On Arrival at Myanmar Airport
- HOW CAN I GET A MYANMAR VISA EXTENSION?
- Myanmar visa for German
- Myanmar visa for Israeli
- Myanmar visa for Romanian
- Myanmar Visa Policy: An A-Z guide to visiting Myanmar
- Myanmar visa for Dutch
- Myanmar visa for Spaniards
- Myanmar visa for Austrian
- Myanmar visa for South Korean
- MYANMAR VISA FOR U.S. CITIZENS
- Myanmar visa for Chinese
- Myanmar visa for Ukrainian
- Myanmar visa for Irish
- Myanmar eVisa Frequently Asked Questions
- MYANMAR VISA FOR FRENCH
- Myanmar Visa for Indians
- Myanmar Visa for Canadians
- MYANMAR VISA FOR TURKISH CITIZENS
- MYANMAR VISA FOR TAIWANESE
- Myanmar visa for Swiss citizen
- Myanmar Visa for Sri Lankans
- Myanmar visa for South African citizens
- MYANMAR VISA FOR SAUDI ARABIAN
- MYANMAR VISA FOR RUSSIAN CITIZENS
- MYANMAR VISA FOR POLISH
- MYANMAR VISA FOR NORWEGIAN
- Myanmar visa for Nepalese
- MYANMAR VISA FOR MALAYSIANS
- MYANMAR VISA FOR GHANAIAN
- MYANMAR VISA FOR KENYAN
- MYANMAR VISA FOR ITALIAN
- MYANMAR VISA FOR EGYPTIANS
- MYANMAR VISA FOR BHUTANESE
- Myanmar visa for Bangladeshi
- MYANMAR VISA FOR AUSTRALIAN
- MYANMAR VISA FOR UK CITIZENS
- Myanmar visa for New Zealand citizen
- Myanmar Visa for Pakistani Citizens
- MYANMAR VISA FOR PORTUGUESE
- Myanmar visa for Colombians
- Myanmar visa for Greek
- Myanmar Visa for Singaporeans
- MYANMAR VISA FOR JAPANESE