In July 2019, New Zealand decided to introduce the Electronic Travel Authorization for the visa-exempt nationalities who wish to travel to New Zealand. The only exception is for Australian citizens. Keep in mind that a New Zealand ETA becomes mandatory in October 2019. Nevertheless, iVisa provides a smooth and fast online application process so that you do not make too much of an effort when you apply. Plus, if you want to learn more about the New Zealand ETA, you can read the answers to some of the most commonly asked questions you can find below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Are the citizens of Belgium eligible for a New Zealand ETA?
Yes. Since Belgian citizens are exempt from getting a visa when traveling to New Zealand, you will have to apply for a New Zealand ETA before departure. Rest assured, however, that iVisa will help you every step of the way.
What are the requirements for a New Zealand ETA?
Before you start the online application process to get a New Zealand ETA, you must make sure that you meet all the requirements. But, as you are about to see, the list is not very long, and chances are that you already have some of the things you need. Here is a list of all you have to put together for a successful application process:
- Valid passport – before you decide to start the online application process, you should take a look at your passport’s expiration date and make sure that it stays valid for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in New Zealand. It should also have at least one blank page available for stamping
- Travel dates – during the application process, you will have to provide your arrival and departure dates
- E-mail address – as a result of the online application process, you will receive a confirmation with a reference number via e-mail. You will need that number upon arrival.
- Means of online payment – the payment must be made during the online application process. iVisa accepts credit or debit cards, but feel free to use PayPal, Alipay, or WeChat as well.
Does it take long for my application to be processed?
Not exactly. The processing time of your application differs depending on what choice you make. iVisa gives you three processing time options so that you can pick the one that best serves your purposes. Here is what you can opt for:
- Standard processing – your New Zealand ETA arrives within 1 Business Day
- Rush processing – you must wait 4 hours for your application to be processed
- Super Rush processing – your travel document is ready within just 30 minutes
How much does a New Zealand ETA cost?
Not much. Besides, you should know that the cost of your New Zealand ETA depends on the processing time you choose for your application. So, the sooner you want your document to arrive, the more you have to pay for it. Here are the prices:
- Standard – USD 57.00
- Rush – USD 77.00
- Super Rush – USD 97.00
For how long is the New Zealand ETA valid?
The New Zealand ETA has a validity of 2 years after issued
How many times can I enter New Zealand with an ETA?
The New Zealand ETA is a Multiple Entry document.
How much time can I stay in New Zealand with a New Zealand ETA?
With a New Zealand ETA, you can stay in New Zealand for a period that cannot exceed 90 days Per Entry.