Are you planning to travel to New Zealand anytime soon? Then you need to find out what type of travel document you need to obtain in advance. While most people have to apply for a visa, 60 nationalities are visa exempt. If you are in the latter category, you still need to obtain a New Zealand ETA. The ETA was introduced in July 2019, and all visa-exempt nationalities, except for Australians, must acquire one. iVisa can facilitate the online application process. To learn more about the New Zealand ETA, we recommend that you take a few moments and read the information we provided for you below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
As a Brazilian citizen, can I apply for a New Zealand ETA?
Yes. Since the citizens of Brazil are exempt from getting a visa when going to New Zealand, you are eligible for a New Zealand ETA. iVisa can help you get it with little to no effort.
What are the requirements for a New Zealand ETA?
The New Zealand ETA is not a demanding document to obtain. Nevertheless, you are still required to put together some documents and information that are necessary during the application process. Rest assured that iVisa will not ask you for anything that may be challenging to acquire. Here is what you need:
- Valid passport – what you should do before you proceed to fill in the application form is to make sure that the passport remains valid for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in New Zealand. It should also have one blank page available for stamping
- Travel dates – all that iVisa needs from you are the arrival and departure dates
- E-mail address – after you submit your application, iVisa will send you a confirmation with a reference number via e-mail. You will need it when you arrive in New Zealand. You can print it out or keep it on your phone
- Means of online payment – when it comes to paying for its services, iVisa can be pretty flexible. You are free to use a credit or debit card, but if you want, you can use PayPal, Alipay, or WeChat as well.
How long must I wait for my New Zealand ETA to be ready?
That depends. One of the best things about using iVisa’s services is that you are given the opportunity to pick the processing time of your application. You are presented with three options so that you can make the best possible choice for you. They are as follows:
- Standard processing – your New Zealand ETA is ready within 1 Business Day
- Rush processing – you are required to wait 4 hours for your application to be processed
- Super Rush processing – your ETA arrives within just 30 minutes
Is it expensive to acquire a New Zealand ETA online?
Not exactly. What you have to remember is that the cost of a New Zealand ETA is not fixed. It varies depending on the processing time option you choose for your application. Naturally, the faster the processing, the higher the amount. The prices for each option are as follows:
- Standard – USD 57.00
- Rush – USD 77.00
- Super Rush – USD 97.00
What is the validity of a New Zealand ETA?
The New Zealand ETA is valid for 2 years after issued since the date of issue.
How many entries does a New Zealand ETA ensure?
The New Zealand ETA is a Multiple Entry document.
How much time am I allowed to spend in New Zealand each time I travel there?
You can stay in New Zealand for no more than 90 days Per Entry.