Planning a trip to New Zealand should not be a complicated process. However, one of the first things you need to check is whether or not you need to obtain a visa in advance. At the same time, even if you are exempt from obtaining a visa, you still have to apply for a New Zealand ETA. The ETA was introduced in July 2019, and all visa-exempt nationalities, except for Australian citizens, must acquire one before departure. iVisa can help you get it with minimal effort. If you want to learn more about the New Zealand ETA, you should take a few minutes and read the answers to some of the most commonly asked questions you find below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
As a Canadian citizen, can I apply for a New Zealand ETA?
Yes. The citizens of Canada are exempt from getting a visa when traveling to New Zealand. So, as a Canadian national, you are eligible for a New Zealand ETA. iVisa will help you obtain it with ease.
What are the requirements for a New Zealand ETA?
As you are about to find out, the list of requirements for a New Zealand ETA does not include anything out of the ordinary. All you need is a few documents and some information so that iVisa can get the process started. Plus, you may already have some of the items below. Here is what you will need:
- Valid passport – what you should do before you proceed to fill in the application form is to make sure that the passport remains valid for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in New Zealand. It should also have one blank page available for stamping
- Travel dates – all that iVisa needs from you are the arrival and departure dates
- E-mail address – after you submit your application, iVisa will send you a confirmation with a reference number via e-mail. You will need it when you arrive in New Zealand. You can print it out or keep it on your phone
- Means of online payment – when it comes to paying for its services, iVisa can be pretty flexible. You are free to use a credit or debit card, but if you want, you can use PayPal, Alipay, or WeChat as well.
How long must I wait for my New Zealand ETA to be ready?
That is for you to decide. iVisa understands that people have different needs, which is why it created multiple options regarding the processing speed of your application. In fact, you have three choices at hand. That way, you can pick the one that is the most convenient for you. They are as follows:
- Standard processing – your New Zealand ETA is ready within 24 hours
- Rush processing – you are required to wait 4 hours for your application to be processed
- Super Rush processing – your ETA arrives within just 30 minutes
Is it expensive to acquire a New Zealand ETA online?
No. However, what you must bear in mind is that the cost of a New Zealand ETA is not fixed. It depends on the processing speed you choose for your application. As you can imagine, the standard option is a lot cheaper than the Super Rush. Here is a list of prices:
- Standard – USD 57.00
- Rush – USD 77.00
- Super Rush – USD 97.00
What is the validity of a New Zealand ETA?
The New Zealand ETA has a validity of 2 years after issued since the issue date.
How many entries does a New Zealand ETA ensure?
The New Zealand ETA is a Multiple Entry document.
How much time am I allowed to spend in New Zealand each time I travel there?
As a New Zealand ETA holder, you can remain in New Zealand for up to 90 days Per Entry.