Do you plan on visiting New Zealand in the future? Then you should know that there are a few changes in its visa policy you should know about. In July 2019, New Zealand adopted the Electronic Travel Authorization. It is destined for all visa-exempt nationalities, except for Australian citizens. Consequently, if you are exempt from getting a visa, you have to apply for a New Zealand ETA before departure. With iVisa, you will enjoy a smooth and fast online application process. If you wish to learn more about the New Zealand ETA, you can read the information we put together for you below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
As a Chilean citizen, can I apply for a New Zealand ETA?
Yes. According to New Zealand’s visa policy, the citizens of Chile are visa exempt. So, as a Chilean citizen, you are eligible for a New Zealand ETA, and iVisa can help you obtain it with minimal effort.
What are the requirements for a New Zealand ETA?
As you will see, the list of requirements for a New Zealand ETA is not long, and the items on it are generally easy to acquire. At the same time, chances are that you already have everything necessary. Here is what you must put together for a successful application process:
- Valid passport – what you should do before you proceed to fill in the application form is to make sure that the passport remains valid for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in New Zealand. It should also have one blank page available for stamping
- Travel dates – all that iVisa needs from you are the arrival and departure dates
- E-mail address – after you submit your application, iVisa will send you a confirmation with a reference number via e-mail. You will need it when you arrive in New Zealand. You can print it out or keep it on your phone
- Means of online payment – when it comes to paying for its services, iVisa can be pretty flexible. You are free to use a credit or debit card, but if you want, you can use PayPal, Alipay, or WeChat as well.
How long must I wait for my New Zealand ETA to be ready?
That depends. iVisa knows that applicants can have different needs, which is why it created three processing speed options. That way, you can opt for the one that best suits your needs. Here is what you can choose from:
- Standard processing – your New Zealand ETA is ready within 1 Business Day
- Rush processing – you are required to wait 4 hours for your application to be processed
- Super Rush processing – your ETA arrives within just 30 minutes
Is it expensive to acquire a New Zealand ETA online?
Not exactly. It can be. However, what you must know is that the cost of a New Zealand ETA is not fixed. It varies depending on the processing speed you select for your application. Therefore, the faster you want the processing to go, the more you are going to spend. Here is a list of prices:
- Standard – USD 57.00
- Rush – USD 77.00
- Super Rush – USD 97.00
What is the validity of a New Zealand ETA?
The validity of a New Zealand ETA is of 2 years after issued since the date of issuance.
How many entries does a New Zealand ETA ensure?
The New Zealand ETA is a Multiple Entry document.
How much time am I allowed to spend in New Zealand each time I travel there?
With a New Zealand ETA, you can stay in New Zealand for no more than 90 days Per Entry.