Every time you travel to a new country, you need to inquire about its visa policy and entry requirements. It goes the same for New Zealand. What we are here to clarify at this moment is that New Zealand adopted the Electronic Travel Authorization in July 2019 and as a result, all visa-exempt nationalities, except the citizens of Australia, must obtain an ETA before visiting New Zealand. The good news is that iVisa can help you achieve the document with minimal effort. Below, you will find the answers to some of the most commonly asked questions about the New Zealand ETA. That should help you learn more on the matter.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Are the citizens of Cyprus eligible for a New Zealand ETA?
Yes. All the citizens of the European Union are visa-exempt, so Cypriot travelers are too. Consequently, as a Cypriot national, you qualify for a New Zealand ETA. Rest assured that you will get all the help you need from iVisa.
What are the requirements for a New Zealand ETA?
The first thing you have to do before you apply for a New Zealand ETA is to make sure that you meet the requirements for a successful application process. That should not be a complicated task since the list is not very long, and you may already have some of the items you need. Here is what you must put together:
- Valid passport – before you decide to start the online application process, you should take a look at your passport’s expiration date and make sure that it stays valid for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in New Zealand. It should also have at least one blank page available for stamping
- Travel dates – during the application process, you will have to provide your arrival and departure dates
- E-mail address – as a result of the online application process, you will receive a confirmation with a reference number via e-mail. You will need that number upon arrival.
- Means of online payment – the payment must be made during the online application process. iVisa accepts credit or debit cards, but feel free to use PayPal, Alipay, or WeChat as well.
Does it take long for my application to be processed?
Not at all. Besides, one of the perks of applying for a New Zealand ETA with iVisa is that you are given the opportunity to choose the processing time of your application. iVisa provides you with three options so that you can make the best possible choice for you. They are presented below.
- Standard processing – your [New Zealand ETA] arrives within 24 hours
- Rush processing – you must wait 4 hours for your application to be processed
- Super Rush processing – your travel document is ready within just 30 minutes
How much does a New Zealand ETA cost?
The cost of a New Zealand ETA is not fixed. It is established by the processing time of your application. So, the sooner you want your travel document to be ready, the more you are going to be charged for it. The prices per each option are as follows:
- Standard – USD 57.00
- Rush – USD 77.00
- Super Rush – USD 97.00
For how long is the New Zealand ETA valid?
The New Zealand ETA has a validity of 2 years after issued after issuance.
How many times can I enter New Zealand with an ETA?
The New Zealand ETA is a Multiple Entry document.
How much time can I stay in New Zealand with a New Zealand ETA?
When you hold a New Zealand ETA, you can stay in New Zealand for up to 90 days Per Entry.