Whenever you plan to travel to a new country, you need to check out the entry requirements. The same goes for New Zealand. While most nationalities require a visa to enter the country, about 60 of them are visa exempt. However, New Zealand adopted the Electronic Travel Authorization recently, and it seems that all visa-exempt nationalities, except Australians, must obtain a New Zealand ETA before departure. Lucky for you, iVisa is here is to facilitate the online application process so that you do not invest too much time and effort. If you are interested in learning more about the New Zealand ETA, you should read the information below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Are the citizens of Denmark eligible for a New Zealand ETA?
Yes. Since as a Danish citizen, you are exempt from getting a visa, you qualify for a New Zealand ETA. iVisa will help you get it with minimal effort.
What are the requirements for a New Zealand ETA?
One of the first things you need to do before you proceed to the application page to fill in the form is to see whether or not you meet the requirements. However, as you are about to find out, the New Zealand ETA is not a demanding document to obtain. You do not need much for the application process. Only the following:
- Valid passport – before you decide to start the online application process, you should take a look at your passport’s expiration date and make sure that it stays valid for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in New Zealand. It should also have at least one blank page available for stamping
- Travel dates – during the application process, you will have to provide your arrival and departure dates
- E-mail address – as a result of the online application process, you will receive a confirmation with a reference number via e-mail. You will need that number upon arrival.
- Means of online payment – the payment must be made during the online application process. iVisa accepts credit or debit cards, but feel free to use PayPal, Alipay, or WeChat as well.
Does it take long for my application to be processed?
Not exactly. What you will notice during the application process is that iVisa provides you with three processing time options so that you can select the one that best meets your standards. That way, you can have the travel document you need precisely when you need it. Here is what you can opt for:
- Standard processing – your New Zealand ETA arrives within 24 hours
- Rush processing – you must wait 4 hours for your application to be processed
- Super Rush processing – your travel document is ready within just 30 minutes
How much does a New Zealand ETA cost?
The cost of your New Zealand ETA is not fixed. It is established by the processing time you choose for your application. Therefore, the faster you need your ETA, the more you are asked to pay for it. The prices are:
- Standard – USD 57.00
- Rush – USD 77.00
- Super Rush – USD 97.00
For how long is the New Zealand ETA valid?
The New Zealand ETA has a validity of 2 years after issued since issue.
How many times can I enter New Zealand with an ETA?
The New Zealand ETA is a Multiple Entry document.
How much time can I stay in New Zealand with a New Zealand ETA?
When you hold a New Zealand ETA, you are allowed to remain in New Zealand for up to 90 days Per Entry.