Are you planning a trip to New Zealand? Then one of the first things you should do is check whether or not you need a visa. Since there are 60 visa-exempt nationalities, you may be able to avoid a trip to the embassy, but even so, you are still required to obtain a New Zealand ETA. As of July 2019, New Zealand adopted the Electronic Travel Authorization for all visa-exempt travelers except Australians. Fortunately, the ETA can be acquired online, and with iVisa, the application process is a piece of cake. To find out more about the New Zealand ETA, we suggest that you take a moment and read the answers to some of the most commonly asked questions below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Are the citizens of Estonia eligible for a New Zealand ETA?
Yes, since the citizens of Estonia are exempt from getting a visa for New Zealand, as an Estonian national, you are eligible for a New Zealand ETA. iVisa can help you get it in no time with minimal effort.
What are the requirements for a New Zealand ETA?
As you are about to find out, the New Zealand ETA is not a demanding document to obtain. The list of requirements is not long, and you may already have some of the necessary things. For a successful application process, you must have at hand the following documents and information:
- Valid passport – before you decide to start the online application process, you should take a look at your passport’s expiration date and make sure that it stays valid for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in New Zealand. It should also have at least one blank page available for stamping
- Travel dates – during the application process, you will have to provide your arrival and departure dates
- E-mail address – as a result of the online application process, you will receive a confirmation with a reference number via e-mail. You will need that number upon arrival.
- Means of online payment – the payment must be made during the online application process. iVisa accepts credit or debit cards, but feel free to use PayPal, Alipay, or WeChat as well.
Does it take long for my application to be processed?
Not at all. One of the perks of iVisa’s application process is that you are given a chance to pick the processing speed of your application. You can choose from three different options so that you can have your New Zealand ETA arrive at your earliest convenience. Here is what you can opt for:
- Standard processing – your New Zealand ETA arrives within 24 hours
- Rush processing – you must wait 4 hours for your application to be processed
- Super Rush processing – your travel document is ready within just 30 minutes
How much does a New Zealand ETA cost?
The cost of a New Zealand ETA depends on the processing speed you choose for your application. So, the sooner you want your ETA to arrive, the more you will be asked to pay for it. The list of prices for each option is as follows:
- Standard – USD 57.00
- Rush – USD 77.00
- Super Rush – USD 97.00
For how long is the New Zealand ETA valid?
The validity of a New Zealand ETA is of 2 years after issued since the date of issuance.
How many times can I enter New Zealand with an ETA?
The New Zealand ETA is a Multiple Entry document.
How much time can I stay in New Zealand with a New Zealand ETA?
The New Zealand ETA grants you a stay that cannot exceed 90 days Per Entry.