Are you planning a trip to New Zealand? Then one of your first concerns is whether or not you need to get a visa before departure. However, you should know that even if you are exempt from getting a visa, you still need to obtain a travel document. We are referring to a New Zealand ETA. The Electronic Travel Authorization was introduced in July 2019, and all visa-exempt nationalities must get one, except for the citizens of Australia. Fortunately, iVisa can help you with the online application process. If you want to learn more about the New Zealand ETA, you should read the information we provided for you below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Are the citizens of Finland eligible for a New Zealand ETA?
Yes. The citizens of Finland are exempt from getting a visa when traveling to New Zealand. Therefore, as a Finnish citizen, you are required to obtain a New Zealand ETA. Rest assured that iVisa will help you every step of the way.
What are the requirements for a New Zealand ETA?
As you can imagine, you cannot apply for a New Zealand ETA unless you are able to meet the requirements. However, the list is not extensive, and you may already have some (if not all) of the documents and information you need. What you must put together before the application process is as follows:
- Valid passport – before you decide to start the online application process, you should take a look at your passport’s expiration date and make sure that it stays valid for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in New Zealand. It should also have at least one blank page available for stamping
- Travel dates – during the application process, you will have to provide your arrival and departure dates
- E-mail address – as a result of the online application process, you will receive a confirmation with a reference number via e-mail. You will need that number upon arrival.
- Means of online payment – the payment must be made during the online application process. iVisa accepts credit or debit cards, but feel free to use PayPal, Alipay, or WeChat as well.
Does it take long for my application to be processed?
Not exactly. What you need to remember is that when you choose the services provided by iVisa, you can pick the processing speed of your application. iVisa gives you three options so that you can choose the one that best suits your needs. They are as follows:
- Standard processing – your New Zealand ETA arrives within 1 Business Day
- Rush processing – you must wait 4 hours for your application to be processed
- Super Rush processing – your travel document is ready within just 30 minutes
How much does a New Zealand ETA cost?
The amount you are charged for your New Zealand ETA depends on the processing speed of your application. You have to choose how much you pay. Naturally, the faster the processing, the higher the amount. Here are the prices:
- Standard – USD 57.00
- Rush – USD 77.00
- Super Rush – USD 97.00
For how long is the New Zealand ETA valid?
The New Zealand ETA is valid for 2 years after issued since the issue date.
How many times can I enter New Zealand with an ETA?
The New Zealand ETA is a Multiple Entry document.
How much time can I stay in New Zealand with a New Zealand ETA?
With a New Zealand ETA, you can stay in New Zealand for a period that cannot go beyond 90 days Per Entry.