Planning a trip to New Zealand takes plenty of time and consideration, but one of the things you need to check first is if you need a visa or not. Keep in mind, however, that even if you are exempt from getting one, you still need to apply for a travel document. We are referring to the newly adopted Electronic Travel Authorization. That’s right! All visa-exempt nationalities, except Australians, must now apply for a New Zealand ETA before departure. Fortunately, iVisa can help with the online application process. If you want to learn more about the New Zealand ETA, you should read the information we provided for you down below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Are the citizens of Germany eligible for a New Zealand ETA?
Yes. Since German citizens are exempt from getting a visa for New Zealand, they are eligible for a New Zealand ETA. iVisa facilitates the application process so that you do not make too much of an effort.
What are the requirements for a New Zealand ETA?
The first thing you have to do before you go ahead and fill in the application form is to ensure that you can provide iVisa with everything it needs to get the process started. Nevertheless, as you will see, the list of requirements is not long, and you should not struggle with putting everything together. Here is what you need:
- Valid passport – before you decide to start the online application process, you should take a look at your passport’s expiration date and make sure that it stays valid for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in New Zealand. It should also have at least one blank page available for stamping
- Travel dates – during the application process, you will have to provide your arrival and departure dates
- E-mail address – as a result of the online application process, you will receive a confirmation with a reference number via e-mail. You will need that number upon arrival.
- Means of online payment – the payment must be made during the online application process. iVisa accepts credit or debit cards, but feel free to use PayPal, Alipay, or WeChat as well.
Does it take long for my application to be processed?
No. Plus, using the services rendered by iVisa means that you are given the opportunity to pick the processing speed of your application. iVisa presents you with three options so that you can choose the one that serves you best. Here is what you can choose from:
- Standard processing – your New Zealand ETA arrives within 1 Business Day
- Rush processing – you must wait 4 hours for your application to be processed
- Super Rush processing – your travel document is ready within just 30 minutes
How much does a New Zealand ETA cost?
That depends on the processing time you choose for your application. It is up to you. So, the faster you want your New Zealand ETA to arrive, the more you will be charged for it. Here are the prices for each processing speed:
- Standard – USD 57.00
- Rush – USD 77.00
- Super Rush – USD 97.00
For how long is the New Zealand ETA valid?
The New Zealand ETA has a validity of 2 years after issued since the date of issue.
How many times can I enter New Zealand with an ETA?
The New Zealand ETA is a Multiple Entry document.
How much time can I stay in New Zealand with a New Zealand ETA?
As long as you hold a New Zealand ETA, you can stay in New Zealand for up to 90 days Per Entry.