Are you planning a trip to New Zealand? Then you should know that you may or may not need a visa in advance. However, even if you are lucky enough to be visa-exempt, you still need to get the proper documentation in advance. In case you are exempt from obtaining a visa, you must apply for a New Zealand ETA. The Electronic Travel Authorization was adopted recently, and it becomes mandatory in October 2019. iVisa is here to guide you through the online application process. If you are interested in finding out more about the New Zealand ETA, below you can find the answers to some of the most frequently asked questions.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Are the citizens of Greece eligible for a New Zealand ETA?
Yes. The citizens of Greece are exempt from obtaining a visa when visiting New Zealand. So, as a Greek citizen, you are eligible for a New Zealand ETA. iVisa is here to help you every step of the way.
What are the requirements for a New Zealand ETA?
Naturally, you cannot apply for a New Zealand ETA if you do not have everything necessary for the application process. Fortunately, as you will find out, the list of requirements is quite short, and the items on it are generally easy to acquire. Here is what you must put together for a successful operation:
- Valid passport – before you decide to start the online application process, you should take a look at your passport’s expiration date and make sure that it stays valid for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in New Zealand. It should also have at least one blank page available for stamping
- Travel dates – during the application process, you will have to provide your arrival and departure dates
- E-mail address – as a result of the online application process, you will receive a confirmation with a reference number via e-mail. You will need that number upon arrival.
- Means of online payment – the payment must be made during the online application process. iVisa accepts credit or debit cards, but feel free to use PayPal, Alipay, or WeChat as well.
Does it take long for my application to be processed?
No. Besides, when you apply for your ETA with iVisa, you are given multiple options when it comes to the processing time of your application. In fact, you have three choices at hand so that you can make the best decision for you. Here is what you can opt for:
- Standard processing – your New Zealand ETA arrives within 24 hours
- Rush processing – you must wait 4 hours for your application to be processed
- Super Rush processing – your travel document is ready within just 30 minutes
How much does a New Zealand ETA cost?
It depends. Each processing time option comes with its own fees. What you need to understand is that the faster the processing, the higher the amount you are charged. Her is how much your New Zealand ETA can cost:
- Standard – USD 57.00
- Rush – USD 77.00
- Super Rush – USD 97.00
For how long is the New Zealand ETA valid?
The New Zealand ETA expires 2 years after issued after the date of issue.
How many times can I enter New Zealand with an ETA?
The New Zealand ETA is a Multiple Entry document.
How much time can I stay in New Zealand with a New Zealand ETA?
A New Zealand ETA allows you to stay in New Zealand for no more than 90 days Per Entry.