Planning a trip to a foreign country takes a lot of consideration, and traveling to New Zealand makes no exception. One of the first things you need to take into account is the fact that you may need a visa in advance. While most people do, 60 nationalities are visa exempt. Even so, according to New Zealand’s visa policy, all visa-exempt nationalities, except Australians, must obtain a New Zealand ETA. The ETA was introduced in July 2019 and becomes mandatory as of October same year. iVisa prepared a short and stress-free online application process. To learn more about the New Zealand ETA, you should read the information laid out for you below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
As a citizen OF Hong Kong, can I apply for a New Zealand ETA?
Yes. According to New Zealand’s visa policy, the citizens of Hong Kong are exempt from getting a visa when going to New Zealand. Therefore, a New Zealand ETA is required, and iVisa can help you get it.
What are the requirements for a New Zealand ETA?
The first thing you should do before you proceed to the application page to fill in the form is to make sure that you can meet the requirements. But, as you will see, the list is not extensive, and the items on it are usually easy to acquire. Here is what you will need for a successful application process:
- Valid passport – what you should do before you proceed to fill in the application form is to make sure that the passport remains valid for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in New Zealand. It should also have one blank page available for stamping
- Travel dates – all that iVisa needs from you are the arrival and departure dates
- E-mail address – after you submit your application, iVisa will send you a confirmation with a reference number via e-mail. You will need it when you arrive in New Zealand. You can print it out or keep it on your phone
- Means of online payment – when it comes to paying for its services, iVisa can be pretty flexible. You are free to use a credit or debit card, but if you want, you can use PayPal, Alipay, or WeChat as well.
How long must I wait for my New Zealand ETA to be ready?
Not too long. Besides, it is for you to decide the processing speed of your application. How is that possible? iVisa gives you three processing time options so that you can choose the one that best satisfies your needs. They are as follows:
- Standard processing – your New Zealand ETA is ready within 24 hours
- Rush processing – you are required to wait 4 hours for your application to be processed
- Super Rush processing – your ETA arrives within just 30 minutes
Is it expensive to acquire a New Zealand ETA online?
Not exactly. What you have to know is that the cost of a New Zealand ETA varies depending on the processing time you choose for your application. Naturally, the faster the processing, the more money you are charged. Here are the prices for each option:
- Standard – USD 57.00
- Rush – USD 77.00
- Super Rush – USD 97.00
What is the validity of a New Zealand ETA?
The New Zealand ETA expires 2 years after issued after the date of issue.
How many entries does a New Zealand ETA ensure?
The New Zealand ETA is a Multiple Entry document.
How much time am I allowed to spend in New Zealand each time I travel there?
You are allowed to spend up to 90 days Per Entry in New Zealand.