Whenever you plan on traveling to a new foreign country, one of the first things you check is what documentation you need to cross the border. The same goes for New Zealand. While most nationalities require a visa to enter New Zealand, 60 nationalities do not. However, even if you are visa-exempt, you still need to apply for a New Zealand ETA. The Electronic Travel Authorization was introduced recently, and all visa-exempt nationalities must acquire one, except for Australian citizens. iVisa prepared a short and stress-free online application process. If you want to find out more about the New Zealand ETA, we advise you to read the answers to some of the most commonly asked questions you can see below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Are the citizens of Hungary eligible for a New Zealand ETA?
Yes, as a Hungarian citizen, you are eligible for a New Zealand ETA. After all, you are exempt from getting a visa, same as the rest of the European Union citizens. Rest assured that iVisa is here to help with the online application process.
What are the requirements for a New Zealand ETA?
While the New Zealand ETA is far easier and less demanding to obtain than a visa per se, you still need to meet a few requirements. The good news is, however, that the list is not extensive, and you may already have all the items you need for a successful application process. Here is what you must have at hand:
- Valid passport – before you decide to start the online application process, you should take a look at your passport’s expiration date and make sure that it stays valid for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in New Zealand. It should also have at least one blank page available for stamping
- Travel dates – during the application process, you will have to provide your arrival and departure dates
- E-mail address – as a result of the online application process, you will receive a confirmation with a reference number via e-mail. You will need that number upon arrival.
- Means of online payment – the payment must be made during the online application process. iVisa accepts credit or debit cards, but feel free to use PayPal, Alipay, or WeChat as well.
Does it take long for my application to be processed?
No. Moreover, you should know that when you choose iVisa as your visa service, you can pick the processing speed of your application. iVisa allows you to choose from three different options so that you can go for the one that best suits your needs. They are as follows:
- Standard processing – your New Zealand ETA arrives within 24 hours
- Rush processing – you must wait 4 hours for your application to be processed
- Super Rush processing – your travel document is ready within just 30 minutes
How much does a New Zealand ETA cost?
The cost of a New Zealand ETA is not fixed. It is influenced by the choice you make when it comes to the processing time of your application. Naturally, the sooner you want your travel document, the more you have to spend. The prices are as follows:
- Standard – USD 57.00
- Rush – USD 77.00
- Super Rush – USD 97.00
For how long is the New Zealand ETA valid?
The New Zealand ETA expires 2 years after issued after the issue date.
How many times can I enter New Zealand with an ETA?
The New Zealand ETA is a Multiple Entry document.
How much time can I stay in New Zealand with a New Zealand ETA?
As a New Zealand ETA holder, you cannot stay in New Zealand for more than 90 days Per Entry.