Are you going to New Zealand in the future? Then you should probably know that New Zealand made a few changes to its visa policy. The one that interests you involves an Electronic Travel Authorization. Apparently, all visa-exempt nationalities, except for Australian citizens, must get a New Zealand ETA before departure. The ETA was introduced in July 2019, and it becomes mandatory as of October 2019. iVisa can help you with the online application process so that you do not invest too much time and energy in the whole thing. To learn more about the New Zealand ETA, you should read the answers to some of the most frequently asked questions you see below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
As an Icelandic citizen, can I apply for a New Zealand ETA?
Yes. Since the citizens of Iceland are exempt from getting a visa when traveling to New Zealand, you qualify for a New Zealand ETA. iVisa can help you get it with little to no effort.
What are the requirements for a New Zealand ETA?
One of the first things you need to take care of is the list of requirements for a New Zealand ETA. But, as you will see, the list is not very long, and you should not struggle with putting everything together. You may already have everything necessary. Here is what you will need:
- Valid passport – what you should do before you proceed to fill in the application form is to make sure that the passport remains valid for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in New Zealand. It should also have one blank page available for stamping
- Travel dates – all that iVisa needs from you are the arrival and departure dates
- E-mail address – after you submit your application, iVisa will send you a confirmation with a reference number via e-mail. You will need it when you arrive in New Zealand. You can print it out or keep it on your phone
- Means of online payment – when it comes to paying for its services, iVisa can be pretty flexible. You are free to use a credit or debit card, but if you want, you can use PayPal, Alipay, or WeChat as well.
How long must I wait for my New Zealand ETA to be ready?
That is entirely up to you. Applying for an ETA with iVisa means that you get to choose the processing speed of your application. iVisa provides you with three options so that you can make the best possible choice for you. Here is what you can opt for:
- Standard processing – your New Zealand ETA is ready within 24 hours
- Rush processing – you are required to wait 4 hours for your application to be processed
- Super Rush processing – your ETA arrives within just 30 minutes
Is it expensive to acquire a New Zealand ETA online?
That depends. The cost of a New Zealand ETA is not fixed. It varies according to which option you choose as far as the processing time is concerned. As you can imagine, the sooner you want your travel document, the more you have to pay for it. Here is the price list:
- Standard – USD 57.00
- Rush – USD 77.00
- Super Rush – USD 97.00
What is the validity of a New Zealand ETA?
The New Zealand ETA is valid for 2 years after issued since the date of issue.
How many entries does a New Zealand ETA ensure?
The New Zealand ETA is a Multiple Entry document.
How much time am I allowed to spend in New Zealand each time I travel there?
You are granted a stay that cannot exceed 90 days Per Entry.