Are you planning to travel to New Zealand soon? Then the first thing you need to find out is whether or not you need some sort of documentation to enter the country. While most nationalities need to obtain a visa in advance, others have to acquire a New Zealand ETA. It was introduced in July 2019 and becomes mandatory in October same year. It is meant for all visa-exempt nationalities except Australians. iVisa created a short and stress-free application process so that you can get the travel document you need with minimal effort. If you are interested in learning more about the New Zealand ETA, we recommend that you take a moment and read the answers to some of the most commonly asked questions below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Are the citizens of Ireland eligible for a New Zealand ETA?
Yes, Irish citizens qualify for a New Zealand ETA. iVisa can help you apply with little to no effort. All you need is about 20 minutes of your time.
What are the requirements for a New Zealand ETA?
The online application process of getting a New Zealand ETA cannot happen unless you meet a few requirements. Rest assured that the task of putting everything together is not at all difficult because the list is quite short. Plus, the things you need are usually easy to acquire. What you need is as follows:
- Valid passport – before you decide to start the online application process, you should take a look at your passport’s expiration date and make sure that it stays valid for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in New Zealand. It should also have at least one blank page available for stamping
- Travel dates – during the application process, you will have to provide your arrival and departure dates
- E-mail address – as a result of the online application process, you will receive a confirmation with a reference number via e-mail. You will need that number upon arrival.
- Means of online payment – the payment must be made during the online application process. iVisa accepts credit or debit cards, but feel free to use PayPal, Alipay, or WeChat as well.
Does it take long for my application to be processed?
No. What you have to understand is that iVisa gives you a few choices regarding the processing speed of your application. As a matter of fact, you get three options so that you can choose the one that best serves your purposes. Here is what you can opt for:
- Standard processing – your New Zealand ETA arrives within 24 hours
- Rush processing – you must wait 4 hours for your application to be processed
- Super Rush processing – your travel document is ready within just 30 minutes
How much does a New Zealand ETA cost?
The amount you spend on a New Zealand ETA is established during the online application process when you are asked to select a processing time for your application form. Needless to say, the faster the processing, the more you are charged. Here are the prices for each option:
- Standard – USD 57.00
- Rush – USD 77.00
- Super Rush – USD 97.00
For how long is the New Zealand ETA valid?
The New Zealand ETA has a validity period of 2 years after issued since the day of issue.
How many times can I enter New Zealand with an ETA?
The New Zealand ETA is a Multiple Entry document.
How much time can I stay in New Zealand with a New Zealand ETA?
A New Zealand ETA allows you to remain in the country for no more than 90 days Per Entry.