Whenever you plan a trip to a new foreign country, one of the first things you should inquire about is its visa policy. New Zealand is not an exception. What you need to know about its visa policy is that while most nationalities need a visa, others are only required to apply for a New Zealand ETA. We are referring to visa-exempt nationalities. The Electronic Travel Authorization was introduced in July 2019, and it becomes mandatory by October the same year. Lucky for you, iVisa put all its resources at your disposal so that you can get the document you need with minimal effort. To learn more about the New Zealand ETA, you can read the answers to some of the most frequently asked questions you can find below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Are the citizens of Italy eligible for a New Zealand ETA?
Yes. The citizens of Italy are exempt from getting a visa when traveling to New Zealand. Therefore, as an Italian national, you qualify for a New Zealand ETA. iVisa prepared a short and stress-free online application process.
What are the requirements for a New Zealand ETA?
Naturally, before you proceed to the application page to handle the application form, you must make sure that you meet the requirements. You will be pleased to learn that the list is very short, and the items on it should not be challenging to acquire. Here is what you need for a successful application process:
- Valid passport – before you decide to start the online application process, you should take a look at your passport’s expiration date and make sure that it stays valid for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in New Zealand. It should also have at least one blank page available for stamping
- Travel dates – during the application process, you will have to provide your arrival and departure dates
- E-mail address – as a result of the online application process, you will receive a confirmation with a reference number via e-mail. You will need that number upon arrival.
- Means of online payment – the payment must be made during the online application process. iVisa accepts credit or debit cards, but feel free to use PayPal, Alipay, or WeChat as well.
Does it take long for my application to be processed?
No. However, when it comes to the processing time of your application, iVisa provides you with three options. That way, you can select the one that best satisfies your needs. Here is what you can opt for:
- Standard processing – your New Zealand ETA arrives within 1 Business Day
- Rush processing – you must wait 4 hours for your application to be processed
- Super Rush processing – your travel document is ready within just 30 minutes
How much does a New Zealand ETA cost?
The cost of a New Zealand ETA is variable. It is determined during the application process when you are required to choose a processing speed for your application form. So, the faster you want the processing to go, the more you have to pay in the end. The list of prices can be found below.
- Standard – USD 57.00
- Rush – USD 77.00
- Super Rush – USD 97.00
For how long is the New Zealand ETA valid?
The New Zealand ETA has a validity period of 2 years after issued since the issue date.
How many times can I enter New Zealand with an ETA?
The New Zealand ETA is a Multiple Entry document.
How much time can I stay in New Zealand with a New Zealand ETA?
When you travel to New Zealand and you hold a New Zealand ETA, your stay is limited to 90 days Per Entry.