Planning a trip to New Zealand should not give you any headaches, but there is one important thing you need to consider, and that is the fact that you may need a visa in advance. But, according to New Zealand’s visa policy, even visa-exempt nationalities, except for Australians, must obtain a travel document. We are referring to a New Zealand ETA. The ETA is new. It was introduced in July 2019. iVisa took all measures to help you get it with little to no effort. To find out more about the New Zealand ETA, you can read the answers to a few of the most commonly asked questions you can find below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
As a Japanese citizen, can I apply for a New Zealand ETA?
Yes. Japanese citizens are exempt from getting a visa when traveling to New Zealand. As a result, you are eligible for a New Zealand ETA. iVisa can facilitate the online application process for you.
What are the requirements for a New Zealand ETA?
Naturally, you cannot apply for a New Zealand ETA unless you take care of the requirements. But, as you will notice, they are easy to meet, and you may already have everything necessary for the application process. Here are the document and information you need to put together before you get started:
- Valid passport – what you should do before you proceed to fill in the application form is to make sure that the passport remains valid for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in New Zealand. It should also have one blank page available for stamping
- Travel dates – all that iVisa needs from you are the arrival and departure dates
- E-mail address – after you submit your application, iVisa will send you a confirmation with a reference number via e-mail. You will need it when you arrive in New Zealand. You can print it out or keep it on your phone
- Means of online payment – when it comes to paying for its services, iVisa can be pretty flexible. You are free to use a credit or debit card, but if you want, you can use PayPal, Alipay, or WeChat as well.
How long must I wait for my New Zealand ETA to be ready?
Not too long. Plus, you should be aware of the fact that using iVisa’s services means that you can choose your application’s processing speed. iVisa gives you three options so that you can choose the one that best suits your needs. They are as follows:
- Standard processing – your New Zealand ETA is ready within 24 hours
- Rush processing – you are required to wait 4 hours for your application to be processed
- Super Rush processing – your ETA arrives within just 30 minutes
Is it expensive to acquire a New Zealand ETA online?
The cost of a New Zealand ETA is not fixed. It varies depending on which option you choose regarding your application’s processing speed. So, the faster you want the processing to go, the more you are charged. Here are the prices for each option:
- Standard – USD 57.00
- Rush – USD 57.00
- Super Rush – USD 97.00
What is the validity of a New Zealand ETA?
The New Zealand ETA has a validity of 2 years after issued
How many entries does a New Zealand ETA ensure?
The New Zealand ETA is a Multiple Entry document.
How much time am I allowed to spend in New Zealand each time I travel there?
Your stay in New Zealand is limited to 90 days Per Entry.