When you decide to take a trip to New Zealand, one of the things you need to check first is whether or not you need a visa in advance. Nevertheless, even if you do not, according to New Zealand’s visa policy, you are required to obtain a New Zealand ETA. The document went into effect on July 2019, and it becomes mandatory in October same year. All visa-exempt nationalities must get one before departure, with the exception of Australian citizens. iVisa can help you with the online application process so that you do not go through too much trouble. To find out more about the New Zealand ETA, we recommend that you read the information below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
As a Liechtensteiner citizen, can I apply for a New Zealand ETA?
Yes. The citizens of Liechtenstein are exempt from obtaining a visa when going to New Zealand, and as a result, you have to get a New Zealand ETA. iVisa ensures a short and stress-free online application process.
What are the requirements for a New Zealand ETA?
Before anything else, you must make sure that you meet the requirements for a New Zealand ETA. That should not be too hard since the list is short, and the chances of you already having everything necessary are pretty high. Here are the documents and information you must have at hand for a successful application process:
- Valid passport – what you should do before you proceed to fill in the application form is to make sure that the passport remains valid for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in New Zealand. It should also have one blank page available for stamping
- Travel dates – all that iVisa needs from you are the arrival and departure dates
- E-mail address – after you submit your application, iVisa will send you a confirmation with a reference number via e-mail. You will need it when you arrive in New Zealand. You can print it out or keep it on your phone
- Means of online payment – when it comes to paying for its services, iVisa can be pretty flexible. You are free to use a credit or debit card, but if you want, you can use PayPal, Alipay, or WeChat as well.
How long must I wait for my New Zealand ETA to be ready?
Not too long. At the same time, you get to choose the processing speed of your application. iVisa puts at your disposal three excellent options so that you can pick the one that best suits your needs. Here is what you can opt for:
- Standard processing – your New Zealand ETA is ready within 24 hours
- Rush processing – you are required to wait 4 hours for your application to be processed
- Super Rush processing – your ETA arrives within just 30 minutes
Is it expensive to acquire a New Zealand ETA online?
Not at all. Besides, the cost of a New Zealand ETA is not fixed. It depends on your application's processing speed, which, as we stated above, you get to choose. So, the faster you want the processing to go, the more money you spend. Here are the prices:
- Standard – USD 57.00
- Rush – USD 77.00
- Super Rush – USD 97.00
What is the validity of a New Zealand ETA?
The New Zealand ETA expires 2 years after issued after the date of issue.
How many entries does a New Zealand ETA ensure?
The New Zealand ETA is a Multiple Entry document.
How much time am I allowed to spend in New Zealand each time I travel there?
You are allowed to remain in New Zealand for no more than 90 days Per Entry.