When you start planning a trip to a foreign country, one of the first things you need to consider is if you need a visa or not. If you plan on going to New Zealand, you have to do the same. While most nationalities are required to apply for a visa in advance, there are 60 countries whose citizens are exempt from getting one. However, even if that is the case with you, you still need to acquire a New Zealand ETA, unless you are an Australian citizen. The ETA was introduced in July 2019, and it becomes mandatory in October 2019. iVisa can help you get it with minimal effort. To learn more about the New Zealand ETA, you should read the information below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
As a Malaysian citizen, can I apply for a New Zealand ETA?
Yes. As a citizen of Malaysia, you are exempt from getting a visa for New Zealand, but you are required to obtain a New Zealand ETA. iVisa can help you every step of the process.
What are the requirements for a New Zealand ETA?
Before you start the process of getting a New Zealand ETA, you have to make sure that you meet the requirements. However, as you are about to see, the list is not very long, and the items on it are easy to acquire. Here is what you need to put together for a successful application process:
- Valid passport – what you should do before you proceed to fill in the application form is to make sure that the passport remains valid for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in New Zealand. It should also have one blank page available for stamping
- Travel dates – all that iVisa needs from you are the arrival and departure dates
- E-mail address – after you submit your application, iVisa will send you a confirmation with a reference number via e-mail. You will need it when you arrive in New Zealand. You can print it out or keep it on your phone
- Means of online payment – when it comes to paying for its services, iVisa can be pretty flexible. You are free to use a credit or debit card, but if you want, you can use PayPal, Alipay, or WeChat as well.
How long must I wait for my New Zealand ETA to be ready?
Not very long. Plus, keep in mind that you get to choose the processing time of your application. iVisa gives you three options so that you can pick the one that best works for you. They are as follows:
- Standard processing – your New Zealand ETA is ready within 24 hours
- Rush processing – you are required to wait 4 hours for your application to be processed
- Super Rush processing – your ETA arrives within just 30 minutes
Is it expensive to acquire a New Zealand ETA online?
Not at all. Besides, the cost of a New Zealand ETA depends on the processing speed of your application. So, to spend as little money as possible, all you have to do is to apply ahead of time. Here are the prices for each processing time option:
- Standard – USD 57.00
- Rush – USD 77.00
- Super Rush – USD 97.00
What is the validity of a New Zealand ETA?
The New Zealand ETA has a validity of 2 years after issued
How many entries does a New Zealand ETA ensure?
The New Zealand ETA is a Multiple Entry document.
How much time am I allowed to spend in New Zealand each time I travel there?
You are allowed to stay in New Zealand for no more than 90 days Per Entry.