Planning a trip to New Zealand may take some of your time and plenty of consideration, but one of the things you need to think about first is whether or not you need a visa. What you should know at this point is that most nationalities are required to obtain a visa before traveling to New Zealand. On the other hand, the visa-exempt nationalities need to acquire a New Zealand ETA. The only exception is Australian citizens who can still travel to New Zealand freely. In case you do need an ETA, iVisa can help you get it with minimal effort. To find out more about it, you should read the answers to some of the most commonly asked questions about the New Zealand ETA we provided below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Are the citizens of Malta eligible for a New Zealand ETA?
The citizens of Malta are exempt from getting a visa when going to New Zealand, so yes, as a Maltese citizen, you qualify for a New Zealand ETA. iVisa can help you apply for it.
What are the requirements for a New Zealand ETA?
In case you decide that you want to apply for a New Zealand ETA, you must first make sure that you have at hand all the documents and information that are required for the application process. That should not be a difficult task since the list of requirements is short, and you may already have some of the items you need, which are as follows:
- Valid passport – before you decide to start the online application process, you should take a look at your passport’s expiration date and make sure that it stays valid for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in New Zealand. It should also have at least one blank page available for stamping
- Travel dates – during the application process, you will have to provide your arrival and departure dates
- E-mail address – as a result of the online application process, you will receive a confirmation with a reference number via e-mail. You will need that number upon arrival.
- Means of online payment – the payment must be made during the online application process. iVisa accepts credit or debit cards, but feel free to use PayPal, Alipay, or WeChat as well.
Does it take long for my application to be processed?
Not too long. But what is worth knowing is that when you use the services rendered by iVisa, you get to choose the processing speed of your application. iVisa gives you three options so that you can go for the one that best satisfies your needs. They are as follows:
- Standard processing – your New Zealand ETA arrives within 24 hours
- Rush processing – you must wait 4 hours for your application to be processed
- Super Rush processing – your travel document is ready within just 30 minutes
How much does a New Zealand ETA cost?
The cost of a New Zealand ETA is not fixed. In fact, it is dictated by the processing speed you choose for your application. As you can imagine, the faster the processing, the more you are charged. Here are the prices for each option:
- Standard – USD 57.00
- Rush – USD 77.00
- Super Rush – USD 97.00
For how long is the New Zealand ETA valid?
The New Zealand ETA has a validity of 2 years after issued since the date of issue.
How many times can I enter New Zealand with an ETA?
The New Zealand ETA is a Multiple Entry document.
How much time can I stay in New Zealand with a New Zealand ETA?
When you travel with a New Zealand ETA, you can remain in the country for up to 90 days Per Entry.