Are you planning to spend your vacation in New Zealand? Then you should first check if you need a visa to cross its border. According to New Zealand’s visa policy, the citizens of 60 states are exempt from getting a visa. Even so, they are still required to obtain a New Zealand ETA. The only exception is represented by Australian citizens. iVisa is prepared to help you experience a fast and stress-free online application process. If you are interested in learning more about the New Zealand ETA, we suggest that you take a moment and read the answers to some of the most frequently asked questions you can see below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
As a Mauritian citizen, can I apply for a New Zealand ETA?
Of course. Since the citizens of Mauritius are among the visa-exempt nationalities, you are actually required to obtain a New Zealand ETA before departure. iVisa can help with the process.
What are the requirements for a New Zealand ETA?
In order to be able to start the process of getting a New Zealand ETA, you need to check if you have everything necessary for a successful application process. That should not be difficult because the list of requirements is short, and you may already have everything on it. Here is what you will need:
- Valid passport – what you should do before you proceed to fill in the application form is to make sure that the passport remains valid for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in New Zealand. It should also have one blank page available for stamping
- Travel dates – all that iVisa needs from you are the arrival and departure dates
- E-mail address – after you submit your application, iVisa will send you a confirmation with a reference number via e-mail. You will need it when you arrive in New Zealand. You can print it out or keep it on your phone
- Means of online payment – when it comes to paying for its services, iVisa can be pretty flexible. You are free to use a credit or debit card, but if you want, you can use PayPal, Alipay, or WeChat as well.
How long must I wait for my New Zealand ETA to be ready?
As long as you choose. The fact of the matter is that when you employ iVisa’s services, you get to pick the processing speed of your application. You are provided with three choices so that you can opt for the one that is most convenient for you. Here they are:
- Standard processing – your New Zealand ETA is ready within 24 hours
- Rush processing – you are required to wait 4 hours for your application to be processed
- Super Rush processing – your ETA arrives within just 30 minutes
Is it expensive to acquire a New Zealand ETA online?
Not really. Besides, the cost of a New Zealand ETA depends on the processing speed of your application, which, as we established, you get to choose. Obviously, the slower the processing, the cheaper the cost. Here are the prices for each option:
- Standard – USD 57.00
- Rush – USD 77.00
- Super Rush – USD 97.00
What is the validity of a New Zealand ETA?
The New Zealand ETA has a validity of 2 years after issued since the date of issuance.
How many entries does a New Zealand ETA ensure?
The New Zealand ETA is a Multiple Entry document.
How much time am I allowed to spend in New Zealand each time I travel there?
You cannot stay in New Zealand for more than 90 days Per Entry.