Do you plan on spending your vacation in New Zealand? Then you should be aware of the fact that you may need to obtain a visa before departure. New Zealand’s visa policy states that most nationalities have to get this travel document, but the citizens of 60 states are exempt. However, even visa-exempt nationalities must obtain a travel document called a New Zealand ETA, except for Australian citizens. iVisa can help you get the ETA with little to no effort. To learn more about the New Zealand ETA, you should read the answers to some of the most commonly asked questions you can see below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
As a Mexican citizen, can I apply for a New Zealand ETA?
Not only that you can apply for a New Zealand ETA, but it becomes mandatory in October 2019. iVisa can guide you through a short and simple online application process.
What are the requirements for a New Zealand ETA?
As you are about to see, the list of requirements for a New Zealand ETA is not extensive. Moreover, you should not struggle with putting everything together. You may already have some of the necessary items. Here is what you need for a smooth and successful application process:
- Valid passport – what you should do before you proceed to fill in the application form is to make sure that the passport remains valid for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in New Zealand. It should also have one blank page available for stamping
- Travel dates – all that iVisa needs from you are the arrival and departure dates
- E-mail address – after you submit your application, iVisa will send you a confirmation with a reference number via e-mail. You will need it when you arrive in New Zealand. You can print it out or keep it on your phone
- Means of online payment – when it comes to paying for its services, iVisa can be pretty flexible. You are free to use a credit or debit card, but if you want, you can use PayPal, Alipay, or WeChat as well.
How long must I wait for my New Zealand ETA to be ready?
Not too long. But what is important to know here is that you are given the possibility to choose the processing time of your application. iVisa gives you three options so that you can receive your travel document at your earliest convenience. Here is what you can opt for:
- Standard processing – your New Zealand ETA is ready within 24 hours
- Rush processing – you are required to wait 4 hours for your application to be processed
- Super Rush processing – your ETA arrives within just 30 minutes
Is it expensive to acquire a New Zealand ETA online?
Not exactly. Plus, remember that the cost of a New Zealand ETA is determined by the processing time you choose for your application. The more time you have at your disposal, the lower the amount you spend. Here are the prices:
- Standard – USD 57.00
- Rush – USD 77.00
- Super Rush – USD 97.00
What is the validity of a New Zealand ETA?
The New Zealand ETA is valid for 2 years after issued
How many entries does a New Zealand ETA ensure?
The New Zealand ETA is a Multiple Entry document.
How much time am I allowed to spend in New Zealand each time I travel there?
You are allowed to remain in New Zealand for up to 90 days Per Entry.