Planning a trip to a foreign country takes quite a bit of time and consideration. It is the same when it comes to New Zealand. If you decide to spend your vacation there, know that you may have to get a visa in advance. At the same time, even if you are exempt from getting one, you are still required to obtain a New Zealand ETA, unless you are an Australian citizen. The ETA was introduced in July 2019 and becomes compulsory in October 2019. iVisa is prepared to help you every step of the application process so that you do not make too much of an effort. In case you are interested in learning more about the New Zealand ETA, we invite you to read the answers to some of the most commonly asked questions you can find below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
As a Norwegian citizen, can I apply for a New Zealand ETA?
Yes. The citizens of Norway are among the visa-exempt nationalities. Therefore, you need to apply for a New Zealand ETA. iVisa can facilitate the online application process for you.
What are the requirements for a New Zealand ETA?
To be able to start the process of obtaining a New Zealand ETA, you need to ensure that you have at your disposal everything that is necessary. As you will notice, iVisa does not ask for much. Besides, all the items on the list below are generally easy to acquire. Here is what you must put together:
- Valid passport – what you should do before you proceed to fill in the application form is to make sure that the passport remains valid for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in New Zealand. It should also have one blank page available for stamping
- Travel dates – all that iVisa needs from you are the arrival and departure dates
- E-mail address – after you submit your application, iVisa will send you a confirmation with a reference number via e-mail. You will need it when you arrive in New Zealand. You can print it out or keep it on your phone
- Means of online payment – when it comes to paying for its services, iVisa can be pretty flexible. You are free to use a credit or debit card, but if you want, you can use PayPal, Alipay, or WeChat as well.
How long must I wait for my New Zealand ETA to be ready?
Not as long as you would expect. An ETA is a fast document to obtain. Plus, iVisa gives you three options as far as the processing time of your application is concerned. That way, you can have your travel document precisely when you need it. Here is what you can opt for:
- Standard processing – your New Zealand ETA is ready within 1 Business Day
- Rush processing – you are required to wait 4 hours for your application to be processed
- Super Rush processing – your ETA arrives within just 30 minutes
Is it expensive to acquire a New Zealand ETA online?
No. However, keep in mind that the cost of a New Zealand ETA is influenced by the processing speed you pick for your application. As you can imagine, the sooner you want your travel document to arrive, the more you have to pay for it. The prices are as follows:
- Standard – USD 57.00
- Rush – USD 77.00
- Super Rush – USD 97.00
What is the validity of a New Zealand ETA?
The New Zealand ETA is valid for 2 years after issued since the day of issue.
How many entries does a New Zealand ETA ensure?
The New Zealand ETA is a Multiple Entry document.
How much time am I allowed to spend in New Zealand each time I travel there?
You cannot stay in New Zealand for more than 90 days Per Entry.