New Zealand is a fantastic choice if you want to spend your vacation there, but did you know that you may need a visa to cross its border? Most nationalities do. At the same time, New Zealand’s visa policy contains a list of 60 countries whose citizens do not need a visa, but they have to obtain a New Zealand ETA instead. The measure was introduced on July 2019, and it becomes mandatory in October same year. Only Australians do not have to get an ETA. iVisa is ready to help you with the online application process so that you can acquire the travel document you need with minimal effort. To learn more about the New Zealand ETA, we recommend that you read the information you can find below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
As an Omani citizen, can I apply for a New Zealand ETA?
Yes. The citizens of Oman are exempt from getting a visa when traveling to New Zealand. Therefore, you are eligible for a New Zealand ETA. iVisa facilitates the application process for you.
What are the requirements for a New Zealand ETA?
The first thing you have to do when you decide to apply for a New Zealand ETA is to make sure that you have everything necessary for a smooth and successful application process. The list of requirements is short, and you may already have everything you need, which is as follows:
- Valid passport – what you should do before you proceed to fill in the application form is to make sure that the passport remains valid for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in New Zealand. It should also have one blank page available for stamping
- Travel dates – all that iVisa needs from you are the arrival and departure dates
- E-mail address – after you submit your application, iVisa will send you a confirmation with a reference number via e-mail. You will need it when you arrive in New Zealand. You can print it out or keep it on your phone
- Means of online payment – when it comes to paying for its services, iVisa can be pretty flexible. You are free to use a credit or debit card, but if you want, you can use PayPal, Alipay, or WeChat as well.
How long must I wait for my New Zealand ETA to be ready?
As long as you choose. iVisa understands that people have different needs, which is why it lets you choose the processing speed of your application. You are provided with three options so that you can make the best choice for you. They are as follows:
- Standard processing – your New Zealand ETA is ready within 1 Business Day
- Rush processing – you are required to wait 4 hours for your application to be processed
- Super Rush processing – your ETA arrives within just 30 minutes
Is it expensive to acquire a New Zealand ETA online?
No. What you should know about the cost of a New Zealand ETA is that it is established by the processing time of your application, which, as we mentioned above, you get to choose. So, the faster the processing, the higher the amount you are charged. The prices are as follows:
- Standard – USD 57.00
- Rush – USD 77.00
- Super Rush – USD 97.00
What is the validity of a New Zealand ETA?
The New Zealand ETA enjoys a validity of 2 years after issued since the date of issue.
How many entries does a New Zealand ETA ensure?
The New Zealand ETA is a Multiple Entry document.
How much time am I allowed to spend in New Zealand each time I travel there?
Your stay in New Zealand cannot go beyond 90 days Per Entry.