Traveling to New Zealand involves, in most cases, a process of getting a visa. However, according to New Zealand’s visa policy, 60 nationalities are exempt from getting one. In case you are in the latter category, you should know that you are not entirely off the hook. You are required to apply for a New Zealand ETA. The Electronic Travel Authorization was introduced in July 2019, and as of October same year, it becomes mandatory for all visa-exempt nationalities except Australians. iVisa puts at your disposal its resources so that you can acquire the document you need with minimal effort. To learn more about the New Zealand ETA, we recommend that you take a couple of minutes and read the answers to some of the most commonly asked questions you can find below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Are the citizens of Poland eligible for a New Zealand ETA?
The citizens of Poland, like the rest of the European Union nationalities, are exempt from getting a visa when traveling to New Zealand. So yes, as a Polish citizen, you qualify for a New Zealand ETA. iVisa facilitates the application process for you.
What are the requirements for a New Zealand ETA?
Before you begin the process of obtaining a New Zealand ETA, you need to make sure that you meet the requirements. The good news is, however, that the list is not that long, and chances are that you already have what you need for a successful application process. Here are the documents and information you need to have at hand:
- Valid passport – before you decide to start the online application process, you should take a look at your passport’s expiration date and make sure that it stays valid for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in New Zealand. It should also have at least one blank page available for stamping
- Travel dates – during the application process, you will have to provide your arrival and departure dates
- E-mail address – as a result of the online application process, you will receive a confirmation with a reference number via e-mail. You will need that number upon arrival.
- Means of online payment – the payment must be made during the online application process. iVisa accepts credit or debit cards, but feel free to use PayPal, Alipay, or WeChat as well.
Does it take long for my application to be processed?
Not at all. Besides, one of the perks of using iVisa as your visa service is that you can pick the processing speed of your application. iVisa gives you three options so that you can choose the one that best satisfies your needs:
- Standard processing – your New Zealand ETA arrives within 24 hours
- Rush processing – you must wait 4 hours for your application to be processed
- Super Rush processing – your travel document is ready within just 30 minutes
How much does a New Zealand ETA cost?
The cost of a New Zealand ETA depends on which option you pick when it comes to the processing time of your application. The faster the processing, the higher the amount. Here is a list of prices:
- Standard – USD 57.00
- Rush – USD 77.00
- Super Rush – USD 97.00
For how long is the New Zealand ETA valid?
The New Zealand ETA has a validity of 2 years after issued since the issue date.
How many times can I enter New Zealand with an ETA?
The New Zealand ETA is a Multiple Entry document.
How much time can I stay in New Zealand with a New Zealand ETA?
When you hold a New Zealand ETA, you can stay in New Zealand for up to 90 days Per Entry.