Are you planning on traveling to New Zealand soon? Then you should check whether or not you need a visa in advance. While most nationalities do, there are 60 who do not. As a visa-exempt traveler, however, you are now required to obtain a New Zealand ETA before departure. The Electronic Travel Authorization was adopted in July 2019. Only Australian citizens are not required to get one. Fortunately, iVisa created a short and stress-free application process so that you do not struggle with getting the document you need. In case you are interested in learning more about the New Zealand ETA, you should take a minute and read the answers to some of the most commonly asked questions below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Are the citizens of Portugal eligible for a New Zealand ETA?
The citizens of Portugal are exempt from getting a visa when going to New Zealand, so yes, as a Portuguese citizen, you are required to get a New Zealand ETA before departure. With iVisa, you will not make too much of an effort applying for it.
What are the requirements for a New Zealand ETA?
As you can imagine, before you access the application page to fill in the form, you need to make sure that you meet a few requirements. Even so, as you will see, there is nothing on that list that may be difficult to achieve. Here are the documents and information you need for a successful application process:
- Valid passport – before you decide to start the online application process, you should take a look at your passport’s expiration date and make sure that it stays valid for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in New Zealand. It should also have at least one blank page available for stamping
- Travel dates – during the application process, you will have to provide your arrival and departure dates
- E-mail address – as a result of the online application process, you will receive a confirmation with a reference number via e-mail. You will need that number upon arrival.
- Means of online payment – the payment must be made during the online application process. iVisa accepts credit or debit cards, but feel free to use PayPal, Alipay, or WeChat as well.
Does it take long for my application to be processed?
Not too long. Plus, one of the benefits of using iVisa’s services is that you get to choose the processing speed of your application. iVisa provides you with three options so that you can make the best possible choice for you. They are as follows:
- Standard processing – your New Zealand ETA arrives within 1 Business Day
- Rush processing – you must wait 4 hours for your application to be processed
- Super Rush processing – your travel document is ready within just 30 minutes
How much does a New Zealand ETA cost?
The amount you are charged for your New Zealand ETA depends on the processing time of your application. So, the faster you want the processing to go, the more you have to pay in the end. Here is a list of prices for each option:
- Standard – USD 57.00
- Rush – USD 77.00
- Super Rush – USD 97.00
For how long is the New Zealand ETA valid?
The New Zealand ETA is valid for 2 years after issued since the issuance date.
How many times can I enter New Zealand with an ETA?
The New Zealand ETA is a Multiple Entry document.
How much time can I stay in New Zealand with a New Zealand ETA?
When you hold a New Zealand ETA, you are allowed to remain in the country for no more than 90 days Per Entry.