Have you decided to spend your next vacation in New Zealand? Then you should know that you may have to obtain a visa in advance. Unless you are visa-exempt, in which case all you need is a New Zealand ETA. According to New Zealand’s visa policy, the citizens of 60 countries are exempt from obtaining a visa but are required to get an ETA instead. Only Australian citizens do not need one. With iVisa, you will experience a short and straightforward online application process. To find out more about the New Zealand ETA, we suggest that you read the answers to a few of the most frequently asked questions you can see below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
As a Sammarinese citizen, can I apply for a New Zealand ETA?
The citizens of San Marino are exempt from getting a visa when traveling to New Zealand. As a result, you have to acquire a New Zealand ETA before departure. iVisa can assist you with that.
What are the requirements for a New Zealand ETA?
You will be pleased to learn that the requirements for a New Zealand ETA are easy to meet. The list is not very long, and you may already have everything on it. For a successful and smooth online application process, you need to make sure that you have at hand the following documents and information:
- Valid passport – what you should do before you proceed to fill in the application form is to make sure that the passport remains valid for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in New Zealand. It should also have one blank page available for stamping
- Travel dates – all that iVisa needs from you are the arrival and departure dates
- E-mail address – after you submit your application, iVisa will send you a confirmation with a reference number via e-mail. You will need it when you arrive in New Zealand. You can print it out or keep it on your phone
- Means of online payment – when it comes to paying for its services, iVisa can be pretty flexible. You are free to use a credit or debit card, but if you want, you can use PayPal, Alipay, or WeChat as well.
How long must I wait for my New Zealand ETA to be ready?
Not too long. Plus, what you will love about iVisa is that it gives you the opportunity to choose the processing speed of your application. You can choose from three different options so that you can receive your travel document exactly when you need it. Here is what you can opt for:
- Standard processing – your New Zealand ETA is ready within 24 hours
- Rush processing – you are required to wait 4 hours for your application to be processed
- Super Rush processing – your ETA arrives within just 30 minutes
Is it expensive to acquire a New Zealand ETA online?
Not really. Besides, the cost of a New Zealand ETA depends on the processing time you pick for your application. As you can imagine, the sooner you want your travel document to arrive, the more you have to pay for it. Here are the prices:
- Standard – USD 57.00
- Rush – USD 77.00
- Super Rush – USD 97.00
What is the validity of a New Zealand ETA?
The New Zealand ETA has a validity of 2 years after issued since the issuance date.
How many entries does a New Zealand ETA ensure?
The New Zealand ETA is a Multiple Entry document.
How much time am I allowed to spend in New Zealand each time I travel there?
You are granted a stay of maximum 90 days Per Entry in New Zealand.