Do you plan to spend your vacation in New Zealand? Then the first thing on your mind should be whether or not you need a visa to cross its border. What is worth mentioning is that the citizens of 60 countries are exempt from obtaining one. If you find yourself in that category, know that you still need to get a travel document. However, that document is a New Zealand ETA, which is a lot easier to acquire. iVisa provides a short and straightforward application process so that you can get your ETA with little to no effort. To learn more about the New Zealand ETA, you should read the information we provided for you below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Are the citizens of Singapore required to obtain a New Zealand ETA?
Yes. As a Singaporean citizen, you are exempt from obtaining a visa when you go to New Zealand, but a New Zealand ETA is required. iVisa can help you with the online application process.
What are the requirements for a New Zealand ETA?
To be able to successfully apply for a New Zealand ETA, you must first make sure that you fulfill the requirements. However, that should not be a challenging task. The list is short, and you may already be in possession of the things that you need. Here is what you must put together before you fill in the application form:
- Passport – one thing that you need to check before starting the online application process is its expiry date. The passport must be valid and remain as such for another 6 months from the date of arrival in New Zealand. It must also have at least one blank page available for the stamp.
- Travel dates – what you must disclose are the dates for your arrival and departure
- E-mail address – when you apply online for a New Zealand ETA, you receive a confirmation with a reference number via e-mail. You will be asked to provide it once you arrive in New Zealand. You can either print it out or keep it on your device
- Means of online payment – you will be happy to learn that iVisa is flexible when it comes to this. You can pay using a credit or a debit card, but we also accept PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat
How much time must I wait for my New Zealand ETA to arrive?
You do not have to wait long but bear in mind that you can choose the processing time of your application. iVisa provides you with three options so that you can pick the one that best satisfies your needs. They are as follows:
- Standard processing – you receive your New Zealand ETA within 24 hours
- Rush processing – your application is processed within 4 hours
- Super Rush processing – you must wait just 30 minutes for your application to be processed
What about the cost of a New Zealand ETA?
The amount you spend on a New Zealand ETA depends on the processing speed you pick for your application. Naturally, the sooner you want your travel document to arrive, the more you have to pay for it. The prices for each option are as follows:
- Standard – USD 57.00
- Rush – USD 77.00
- Super Rush – USD 97.00
How long is the New Zealand ETA valid for?
The New Zealand ETA expires 2 years after issued after the date of issuance.
How many entries does a New Zealand ETA ensure?
The New Zealand ETA is a Multiple Entry type of document.
How long can I stay in New Zealand for?
You are allowed to remain in New Zealand for no more than 90 days Per Entry.