Traveling to New Zealand does not require too much preparation, but if there is one thing you need to find out is whether or not you need a visa. Fortunately, the citizens of 60 countries do not require one, and if that is the case with you, no trip to embassy for you. However, even if you are exempt from obtaining a visa, you still need a New Zealand ETA, and that is something iVisa can help you with. The Electronic Travel Authorization was introduced in July 2019, and it becomes mandatory as of October 2019 for all visa-exempt nationalities, except for Australian citizens. To learn more about the New Zealand ETA, you should read the answers to some of the most commonly asked questions you can see below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Are the citizens of South Korea required to obtain a New Zealand ETA?
Yes. As a south Korean citizen, you are exempt from getting a visa when traveling to New Zealand. Consequently, you are eligible for a New Zealand ETA. iVisa can help you apply with little to no effort.
What are the requirements for a New Zealand ETA?
The requirements for a New Zealand ETA are nothing out of the ordinary. The list is short, and chances are that you already have everything that is necessary for the online application process. Here is what you need for a successful operation:
- Passport – one thing that you need to check before starting the online application process is its expiry date. The passport must be valid and remain as such for another 6 months from the date of arrival in New Zealand. It must also have at least one blank page available for the stamp.
- Travel dates – what you must disclose are the dates for your arrival and departure
- E-mail address – when you apply online for a New Zealand ETA, you receive a confirmation with a reference number via e-mail. You will be asked to provide it once you arrive in New Zealand. You can either print it out or keep it on your device
- Means of online payment – you will be happy to learn that iVisa is flexible when it comes to this. You can pay using a credit or a debit card, but we also accept PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat
How much time must I wait for my New Zealand ETA to arrive?
Not too much. Besides, you will be happy to learn that iVisa puts at your disposal three processing speed option or your application. That way, you can pick the one that best serves your needs. They are as follows:
- Standard processing – you receive your New Zealand ETA within 24 hours
- Rush processing – your application is processed within 4 hours
- Super Rush processing – you must wait just 30 minutes for your application to be processed
What about the cost of a New Zealand ETA?
The price of a New Zealand ETA is variable. It depends on which option you select regarding the processing time of your application. As you can imagine, the sooner you want your ETA to be ready, the more you have to pay for it. The prices for each option are down below.
- Standard – USD 57.00
- Rush – USD 77.00
- Super Rush – USD 97.00
How long is the New Zealand ETA valid for?
The New Zealand ETA has a validity period of 2 years after issued after the issuance date.
How many entries does a New Zealand ETA ensure?
The New Zealand ETA is a Multiple Entry type of document.
How long can I stay in New Zealand for?
As soon as you arrive in New Zealand, you are granted a stay that cannot go beyond 90 days Per Entry.