Are you planning a trip to New Zealand? Then the first thing you need to find out is whether or not you are required to obtain a visa in advance. The good news, however, is that you may be among the 60 visa-exempt nationalities, in which case all you need is a New Zealand ETA. All visa-exempt nationals, except Australian citizens, must obtain one before departure. The ETA came into effect on July 2019, and it becomes compulsory in October same year. iVisa facilitates the online application process so that you do not invest too much time and energy. If you are interested in finding out more about the New Zealand ETA, you should read the information we laid out for you below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Are the citizens of Switzerland required to obtain a New Zealand ETA?
Yes. As a Swiss citizen, since you are not required to obtain a visa when you travel to New Zealand, you are eligible for a New Zealand ETA. iVisa can help you every step of the online application process.
What are the requirements for a New Zealand ETA?
Before you start the process of obtaining a New Zealand ETA, you have to make sure that you can meet the requirements. However, as you are about to find out, the list is not very long, and you should not struggle with putting everything together. Here is what you need for a successful application process:
- Passport – one thing that you need to check before starting the online application process is its expiry date. The passport must be valid and remain as such for another 6 months from the date of arrival in New Zealand. It must also have at least one blank page available for the stamp.
- Travel dates – what you must disclose are the dates for your arrival and departure
- E-mail address – when you apply online for a New Zealand ETA, you receive a confirmation with a reference number via e-mail. You will be asked to provide it once you arrive in New Zealand. You can either print it out or keep it on your device
- Means of online payment – you will be happy to learn that iVisa is flexible when it comes to this. You can pay using a credit or a debit card, but we also accept PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat
How much time must I wait for my New Zealand ETA to arrive?
Not long. But what you must know is that you are given the possibility to choose the processing speed of your application. In fact, iVisa provides you with three excellent options so that you can opt for the one that is best for you. Here is what you can choose from:
- Standard processing – you receive your New Zealand ETA within 1 Business Day
- Rush processing – your application is processed within 4 hours
- Super Rush processing – you must wait just 30 minutes for your application to be processed
What about the cost of a New Zealand ETA?
When it comes to the cost of a New Zealand ETA, keep in mind that it is not fixed. It is established by the processing time you choose for your application. Naturally, the faster you want your ETA, the more you are charged. Here are the prices:
- Standard – USD 57.00
- Rush – USD 77.00
- Super Rush – USD 97.00
How long is the New Zealand ETA valid for?
The validity of a New Zealand ETA is of 2 years after issued since the date of issue.
How many entries does a New Zealand ETA ensure?
The New Zealand ETA is a Multiple Entry type of document.
How long can I stay in New Zealand for?
You are allowed to stay in New Zealand for no more than 90 days Per Entry.