Whenever you travel to a foreign country, one of the things you do first is to check the entry requirements and see if you need a visa or not. New Zealand is no exception. While most people are required to obtain a visa before departure, the citizens of 60 countries are exempt. However, even if you are in this situation, you still need to acquire a New Zealand ETA. The measure came into effect on July 2019, and it becomes mandatory as of October 2019 for all visa-exempt nationalities, except for Australian citizens. iVisa can help with the online application process, and if you want to find out more about the New Zealand ETA, we recommend that you take a moment and read the information below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Are the citizens of Taiwan required to obtain a New Zealand ETA?
Since as a Taiwanese citizen you are exempt from getting a visa when traveling to New Zealand, you are required to obtain a New Zealand ETA. iVisa can facilitate the online application process for you.
What are the requirements for a New Zealand ETA?
You will be happy to find out that the requirements for a New Zealand ETA are not that difficult to meet. The list does not contain anything out of the ordinary, and chances are that you already have at hand everything you need. Here is what you must put together for a smooth and successful application process:
- Passport – one thing that you need to check before starting the online application process is its expiry date. The passport must be valid and remain as such for another 6 months from the date of arrival in New Zealand. It must also have at least one blank page available for the stamp.
- Travel dates – what you must disclose are the dates for your arrival and departure
- E-mail address – when you apply online for a New Zealand ETA, you receive a confirmation with a reference number via e-mail. You will be asked to provide it once you arrive in New Zealand. You can either print it out or keep it on your device
- Means of online payment – you will be happy to learn that iVisa is flexible when it comes to this. You can pay using a credit or a debit card, but we also accept PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat
How much time must I wait for my New Zealand ETA to arrive?
That is for you to decide. When you choose iVisa as your visa service, you can select the processing speed of your application. You are provided with three options so that you can make the best possible choice for you. They are as follows:
- Standard processing – you receive your New Zealand ETA within 1 Business Day
- Rush processing – your application is processed within 4 hours
- Super Rush processing – you must wait just 30 minutes for your application to be processed
What about the cost of a New Zealand ETA?
The price of a New Zealand ETA is not high, but keep in mind that it is not fixed either. It is determined by the processing time option you select during the application process. As you can imagine, the sooner you want your ETA to arrive, the more you are charged. The prices are as follows:
- Standard – USD 57.00
- Rush – USD 77.00
- Super Rush – USD 97.00
How long is the New Zealand ETA valid for?
The New Zealand ETA expires 2 years after issued after the date of issue.
How many entries does a New Zealand ETA ensure?
The New Zealand ETA is a Multiple Entry type of document.
How long can I stay in New Zealand for?
You can stay in New Zealand for up to 90 days Per Entry.