Before you start packing your bags for New Zealand, there is one thing you need to consider, and that is that you may need to acquire a visa in advance. However, just because you are exempt from getting one does not mean you are entirely of the hook. According to New Zealand’s visa policy, all visa-exempt nationalities, except for Australian citizens, must now get a New Zealand ETA before departure. The Electronic Travel Authorization was introduced in July 2019, and it becomes mandatory as of October same year. iVisa has prepared so that you can get the ETA with minimal discomfort. To learn more about the New Zealand ETA, we encourage you to read the information below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Are the citizens of the Netherlands eligible for a New Zealand ETA?
Yes. The citizens of the Netherlands are exempt from getting a visa before traveling to New Zealand. Therefore, as a Dutch citizen, you qualify for a New Zealand ETA, and iVisa can help you apply for it in no time.
What are the requirements for a New Zealand ETA?
As you are about to find out, you do not need much to obtain a New Zealand ETA. The list of requirements below is not very long. Besides, you may already have everything you need for a successful application process. Here is what you must put together to get the process started:
- Valid passport – before you decide to begin the online application process, you should take a look at your passport’s expiration date and make sure that it stays valid for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in New Zealand. It should also have at least one blank page available for stamping
- Travel dates – during the application process, you will have to provide your arrival and departure dates
- E-mail address – as a result of the online application process, you will receive a confirmation with a reference number via e-mail. You will need that number upon arrival.
- Means of online payment – the payment must be made during the online application process. iVisa accepts credit or debit cards, but feel free to use PayPal, Alipay, or WeChat as well.
Does it take long for my application to be processed?
Not really. What is essential to remember here is that iVisa gives you a chance to choose the processing speed of your application. In fact, you are provided with three options so that you can make the best possible choice for you. They are as follows:
- Standard processing – your New Zealand ETA arrives within 24 hours
- Rush processing – you must wait 4 hours for your application to be processed
- Super Rush processing – your travel document is ready within just 30 minutes
How much does a New Zealand ETA cost?
The price of a New Zealand ETA is not fixed. It varies depending on the processing speed you choose for your application. Obviously, the faster you want your ETA to arrive, the more you are going to have to pay for it. Here is how much a New Zealand ETA can cost:
- Standard – USD 57.00
- Rush – USD 77.00
- Super Rush – USD 97.00
For how long is the New Zealand ETA valid?
The New Zealand ETA has a validity period of 2 years after issued since the date of issue.
How many times can I enter New Zealand with an ETA?
The New Zealand ETA is a Multiple Entry document.
How much time can I stay in New Zealand with a New Zealand ETA?
You are allowed to stay in New Zealand for up to 90 days Per Entry.