Planning a trip to New Zealand should not take you a long time, but there are a few things you need to take into account before booking your flight. One of them is the visa and whether or not you are required to obtain one in advance. Fortunately, according to New Zealand’s visa policy, the citizens of 60 countries are visa exempt, and if you are among them, all you need for your trip is a New Zealand ETA. iVisa can help you acquire it with minimal effort. If you wish to find out more details about the New Zealand ETA, we suggest that you take a few minutes and read the answers to some of the most commonly asked questions you can see below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Are the citizens of the United States required to obtain a New Zealand ETA?
Yes. Since you do not need a visa as a US national, you are eligible for a New Zealand ETA. iVisa’s services are at your disposal to make your job easier in that regard.
What are the requirements for a New Zealand ETA?
Before anything else, you have to make sure that you can meet the requirements for a New Zealand ETA. However, that task should not be at all challenging because the list is short. Plus, you may already have at your disposal the necessary things for a successful application process. Here is what you need:
- Passport – one thing that you need to check before starting the online application process is its expiry date. The passport must be valid and remain as such for another 6 months from the date of arrival in New Zealand. It must also have at least one blank page available for the stamp.
- Travel dates – what you must disclose are the dates for your arrival and departure
- E-mail address – when you apply online for a New Zealand ETA, you receive a confirmation with a reference number via e-mail. You will be asked to provide it once you arrive in New Zealand. You can either print it out or keep it on your device
- Means of online payment – you will be happy to learn that iVisa is flexible when it comes to this. You can pay using a credit or a debit card, but we also accept PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat
How much time must I wait for my New Zealand ETA to arrive?
That depends. One of the best things about iVisa is that it gives you the opportunity to pick the processing speed of your application, according to your wants and needs. You are provided with three options so that you can choose the one that is most convenient for you. Here is what you can go for:
- Standard processing – you receive your New Zealand ETA within 24 hours
- Rush processing – your application is processed within 4 hours
- Super Rush processing – you must wait just 30 minutes for your application to be processed
What about the cost of a New Zealand ETA?
The cost of a New Zealand ETA is established during the application process when you are asked to choose a processing time. Needless to say, the sooner you want your travel document to arrive, the more you are charged. Here are the prices for each processing time option:
- Standard – USD 57.00
- Rush – USD 77.00
- Super Rush – USD 97.00
How long is the New Zealand ETA valid for?
The New Zealand ETA has a validity of 2 years after issued since the issue date.
How many entries does a New Zealand ETA ensure?
The New Zealand ETA is a Multiple Entry type of document.
How long can I stay in New Zealand for?
You are allowed to stay in New Zealand for up to 90 days Per Entry.