As a Tanzanian citizen, you are entitled to an electronic visa if you decide to travel to New Zealand. Therefore, the nationals of Tanzania can apply online for a New Zealand Visitor Visa. All you have to do is use the services provided by iVisa, and you can have your travel document in as little as 18 hours.
New Zealand Visitor Visa for the citizens of Tanzania – about the requirements
To be able to go through the online application process, you need to ensure that you have everything you need. By that, we mean that you need to fulfill a series of requirements. iVisa will ask for the following:
- Passport – all applicants who want a New Zealand Visitor Visa must hold a passport that maintains its validity for at least another 3 months from the intended date of departure from New Zealand.
- Digital passport photo – make sure that the picture meets all the guidelines. For example, it needs to be taken recently.
- Evidence of your plans in New Zealand – you need to compile a document that states some of your activities in New Zealand.
- Proof of accommodation in New Zealand – a hotel booking confirmation will do. So will another kind of booking (Airbnb, for instance) or even a letter from a friend who is hosting you during your trip.
- Financial ties and commitments in your home country – for example, property ownership, your current job, family, etc.
- List of all your periods of employment
- Means of payment – iVisa accepts more than one method of payment. You can use a credit or debit card, but you can also pay with PayPal, Alipay, or WeChat.
- E-mail address – an electronic visa is sent to you via e-mail, even if it is electronically linked to your passport. You need to print out the document before departure.
New Zealand Visitor Visa for the citizens of Tanzania – the online application form
Once you make sure that you can fulfill all the requirements, you can move forward and fill in the application form. Most people take approximately 20 minutes to complete the task, but if you have trouble along the way, you can reach iVisa’s customer support service 24/7.
The form is broken down into three simple steps. The first one asks for your personal information and wants you to select a processing time for your application. You are given three choices so that you can go for the one that suits you best. They are as follows:
- Standard processing – this is the slowest and cheapest option. Your New Zealand visa is ready within 72 hours and the cost is $200.
- Rush processing – this time, the visa arrives quicker. You will get it in 24 hours but you will be charged $230.
- Super Rush processing – as you can imagine, the fastest option is also the most expensive. Your application is processed within 18 hours and you must pay $265.
The second step is easy enough as well. You must make the payment and review your form so that it does not include mistakes that may invalidate your visa. Lastly, the third step requires you to give the supporting documents of your application. iVisa will instruct you as to how can you do that. When you are finished, all you can do is submit the form and wait.
Needless to say, the online process of getting a New Zealand Visitor Visa for the citizens of Tanzania involves very little effort on your part. The electronic visa you are issued is valid for 18 months, and it allows you to stay in New Zealand for a period that cannot exceed 9 months per entry.