The citizens of Tonga, if they want to travel to New Zealand for tourism purposes, are eligible for an electronic visa. Subsequently, as a Tongan national, you can apply online for a New Zealand Visitor Visa. iVisa can help you with that. You can have your travel document in just 18 hours.
New Zealand Visitor Visa for the citizens of Tonga – what are the requirements?
As you can imagine, you need to meet some requirements in order to be able to apply for a New Zealand Visitor Visa. Nevertheless, you do not have to worry because they are easy to fulfill. You need the following documents and information:
- Passport – all applicants who want a New Zealand Visitor Visa must hold a passport that maintains its validity for at least another 3 months from the intended date of departure from New Zealand.
- Digital passport photo – make sure that the picture meets all the guidelines. For example, it needs to be taken recently.
- Evidence of your plans in New Zealand – you need to compile a document that states some of your activities in New Zealand.
- Proof of accommodation in New Zealand – a hotel booking confirmation will do. So will another kind of booking (Airbnb, for instance) or even a letter from a friend who is hosting you during your trip.
- Financial ties and commitments in your home country – for example, property ownership, your current job, family, etc.
- List of all your periods of employment
- Means of payment – iVisa accepts more than one method of payment. You can use a credit or debit card, but you can also pay with PayPal, Alipay, or WeChat.
- E-mail address – an electronic visa is sent to you via e-mail, even if it is electronically linked to your passport. You need to print out the document before departure.
New Zealand Visitor Visa for the citizens of Tonga – the online application form
After you gather the information and the documents listed above, you can move forward with the application process and fill in the form. It should not be hard, but if you have concerns, you can contact iVisa’s customer support 24/7.
You will notice that for your convenience, iVisa split the form into three steps. During the first one, you need to provide general information about the applicant. Passport info and travel details are required as well. At the same time, you must select a processing time for your application, but keep in mind that your choice determines the price of your New Zealand e-visa. You are given the following options:
- Standard processing – this is the slowest and cheapest option. Your New Zealand visa is ready within 72 hours and the cost is $200.
- Rush processing – this time, the visa arrives quicker. You will get it in 24 hours but you will be charged $230.
- Super Rush processing – as you can imagine, the fastest option is also the most expensive. Your application is processed within 18 hours and you must pay $265.
The second step wants you to handle the payment details and review your for. It is essential that your application is error-free. And the last step requires you to upload the supporting documents of your application. iVisa will instruct you how. After you finish, just submit the form, and you are done.
Needless to say, the online process of obtaining a New Zealand Visitor Visa for the citizens of Tonga is short and swift. Your e-visa is valid for 18 months since issue and it allows you to stay in New Zealand for up to 9 months per entry.