Learn More: eVisa
In February 2018, the Royal Oman Police (ROP) announced a new online system for visitors to apply for their tourist visas. The new online visa system is intended to facilitate the process for tourists traveling to Oman and to reduce the wait time at the arrival terminal.
The e-Visa system is an online method of applying for visas for entry from anywhere in the world. Some advantages of this system are that visas can be applied for quickly over the Internet at any time and from any location. Payment is made online at the time of the visa application.
If you hold a valid Qatar or UAE visa and you are citizen from the following countries you can get a free visa (valid for 3 weeks) to Oman: Portugal, Spain, France, Switzerland, Italy, Britain , Sweden, Greece, Austria , Ireland , Finland, Germany , Iceland, Belgium , Norway, the Netherlands , Denmark, South Korea ,Japan, Brunei Darussalam, Malaysia, New Zealand, USA, Canada, Australia, Singapore, Hong Kong, Luxembourg, Vatican, Monaco, Andorra, and San Marino.
Required Documents to Apply
A photograph of the applicant (digital)
A scan of the applicant's passport
Certain nationalities (listed below) require a copy of a valid visa or residence permit from: Schengen area, United States of America, United Kingdom, Canada, Japan, or Australia. The countries requiring this valid visa copy/residence permit include: Albania, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Bhutan, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Costa Rica, Cuba, El Salvador, Georgia, Guatemala, Honduras, India, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Maldives, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Peru, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, and Uzbekistan.
Accommodation proof and airline confirmation (especially the return ticket) may be required when entering Oman, however it is not necessary to apply.
The Oman e-Visa must be used to enter Oman within 6 months of approval.
Certain nationalities require a supporting document (visa or residence permit) from the Schengen, US, UK, Canada, Japan or Australia. To view your requirements, please visit our application page and enter your nationality.
The applicant must be outside the Sultanate of Oman at the time of application.
This Oman e-Visa does not require a sponsor in Oman.
The applicant must not have any other current Oman visa.
The applicant’s passport must be valid for at least 6 months from the date they enter Oman.
At entry, the applicant must have a valid hotel booking in the Sultanate of Oman, and a return ticket.
A proof of accommodation is required to obtain the travel document. The dates in this document MUST match the travel dates selected in the application. This is a requirement that is demanded by the government in order to issue the travel document.
If the traveler overstays in Oman, there is a fine of 26 USD for each day of overstay.
This visa cannot be changed to a work visa while inside the Sultanate of Oman.
Entry to Oman is at the discretion of the Royal Oman Police officer at the port of entry.
Our customers have great stories about us
Frequently Asked Questions
We require the following to submit your application:
- A photograph of the applicant (digital)
- A scan of the applicant's passport
- Certain nationalities require a copy of valid visa or residence permit for one of the following countries (Schengen, United States of America, United Kingdom, Canada, Japan or Australia). These countries include Albania, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Bhutan, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Costa Rica, Cuba, El Salvador, Georgia, Guatemala, Honduras, India, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Maldives, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Peru, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan.
- Accommodation proof and airline confirmation (especially the return ticket) may be required when entering Oman, however it is not necessary to apply.
The visa costs depends on the type of e-Visa you selected:
eVisa 10 days after arrival: USD 43.00
eVisa 30 days after issued: USD 82.00
eVisa 90 days after arrival: USD 30.00
eVisa 1 year after issued: USD 160.00
Additionally, there is a service fee of USD 30.00 for standard processing . For rush processing and super rush processing, the service fee is USD 60.00 and USD 90.00 respectively .
- Standard Processing: 4 Business Days
- Rush Processing: 2 Business Days
- Super Rush Processing: 1 Business Day
Yellow Fever vaccine is required if traveling from a country with risk of yellow fever transmission.
For more information, click on the following link:
- Do US citizens need a visa for Oman? - Cost and Requirements
- OMAN VISA FOR CANADIAN CITIZENS
- Oman visa information
- OMAN VISA FOR MALAYSIAN CITIZENS
- Applying for an Oman Visa Extension the Quick and Easy Way
- How to get an Oman entry visa
- What you should know about the Oman 14 day quarantine requirement
- OMAN VISA FOR PAKISTANI CITIZENS
- Where can I find the best Oman visit visa agents?
- WHAT ARE THE OMAN VISA REQUIREMENTS?
- Requirements for the citizens of Oman visa-free countries
- OMAN VISA PROCESSING TIME
- Oman visa photo size
- OMAN VISA ON ARRIVAL
- Oman visa for Indian citizens
- Oman Visa fee for Indian citizens
- Oman visa fee
- Oman visa application
- Is the Oman visa for Indian citizens available in Muscat?
- How to make a proper Oman visa inquiry
- How to do an Oman visa check and check the status
- Do I have to print the Oman visa?
- Can I request an Oman visa verification?
- CAN I OBTAIN AN OMAN VISA ONCE I ARRIVEN IN MUSCAT?
- Can I get a visa on arrival in Muscat?
- Do I need a medical test to apply for an Oman visa?
- Oman visa for UAE residents traveling by road
- Oman visa requirements for UAE residents
- Oman visa policy
- How to successfully plan an Oman visa run
- Oman visa types