Learn More: eVisa
OMAN IS OPEN- Oman re-opened for tourism on 1 September 2021.
In February 2018, the Royal Oman Police (ROP) announced a new online system for visitors to apply for their tourist visas. The new online visa system is intended to facilitate the process for tourists traveling to Oman and to reduce the wait time at the arrival terminal.
WHO CAN ENTER OMAN WITH THIS DOCUMENT
Visitors who want to enter Oman must apply for an Oman eVisa before their flight.
OBTAIN THE OMAN EVISA
To obtain this travel document, you’ll have to enter personal information and some details about your intended stay in Oman. Travelers will need a confirmed flight ticket before submitting the form. All travelers must be fully vaccinated and will need a negative PCR test result taken within 72 hours of the departure date.
Visit our application page to fill in the Oman eVisa application.
DISPLAY THE FORM
Once you send your request, our team will prepare the Oman eVisa and send you an email with the results of your application.
Visit the FAQs below to view quarantine rules in Oman.
ABOUT COVID-19 SELF-TESTING
Don't waste vacation time searching for a COVID-19 test center. Even if you don't need to take a test to enter Oman, you will need a negative COVID-19 test result to enter the US. Simplify testing by ordering the eMed self-testing COVID-19 kit online. Pack the test in your suitcase and self-test no more than 3 days prior to your flight back to the US. Check the FAQs to learn more about our trusted testing partner.
Required Documents to Apply
A photograph of the applicant (digital)
A scan of the applicant's passport
Certain nationalities (listed below) require a copy of a valid visa or residence permit from: Schengen area, United States of America, United Kingdom, Canada, Japan, or Australia. The countries requiring this valid visa copy/residence permit include: Albania, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Bhutan, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Costa Rica, Cuba, El Salvador, Georgia, Guatemala, Honduras, India, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Maldives, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Peru, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, and Uzbekistan.
Accommodation proof and airline confirmation (especially the return ticket) may be required when entering Oman, however it is not necessary to apply.
The Oman e-Visa must be used to enter Oman within 6 months of approval.
Certain nationalities require a supporting document (visa or residence permit) from the Schengen, US, UK, Canada, Japan or Australia. To view your requirements, please visit our application page and enter your nationality.
The applicant must be outside the Sultanate of Oman at the time of application.
This Oman e-Visa does not require a sponsor in Oman.
The applicant must not have any other current Oman visa.
The applicant’s passport must be valid for at least 6 months from the date they enter Oman.
Travelers must have a return travel ticket to enter Oman.
A proof of accommodation is required to obtain the travel document. The dates in this document MUST match the travel dates selected in the application. This is a requirement that is demanded by the government in order to issue the travel document.
If the traveler overstays in Oman, there is a fine of 26 USD for each day of overstay.
This visa cannot be changed to a work visa while inside the Sultanate of Oman.
Entry to Oman is at the discretion of the Royal Oman Police officer at the port of entry.
Our customers have great stories about us
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need a COVID vaccine or vaccination certificate to enter Oman?
Do I need a negative COVID-19 test result to enter Oman?
- COVID test prior to arrival: PCR within 72 hours
Why buy a COVID-19 self-testing kit? (US residents only)
The eMed self-test COVID-19 kit includes 6 rapid antigen tests that meet American airline entry requirements- perfect for travelers on round-trip journeys from the US!
Order your test kit before your trip and it will be delivered to your home address for easy testing, anywhere, anytime. The Certified Guide will help you get results in 15 minutes on the NAVICA app. Get the eMed self-test COVID-19 kit for $150- that’s only $25 per test.
Do I need to quarantine once I arrive in Oman?
- Quarantine requirements: Institutional quarantine for travelers who have been in Iraq or Iran in the previous 14 days
What is an Oman e-Visa?
What is the cost to obtain an Oman e-Visa?
The visa costs depends on the type of e-Visa you selected:
eVisa 10 days after arrival: USD 43.00
eVisa 30 days after issued: USD 82.00
eVisa 90 days after arrival: USD 30.00
eVisa 1 year after issued: USD 160.00
Additionally, there is a service fee of USD 30.00 for standard processing . For rush processing and super rush processing, the service fee is USD 60.00 and USD 90.00 respectively .
How long does it take to process an Oman e-Visa?
- Standard Processing: 4 Business Days
- Rush Processing: 2 Business Days
- Super Rush Processing: 1 Business Day
How long is an Oman e-Visa valid for?
What conditions must the applicant’s passport meet for the Oman e-Visa?
How long can I stay in Oman with this e-Visa?
Is it mandatory to be outside Oman to apply for the e-Visa?
Can I change the Oman e-Visa to a work visa?
Do I need a yellow fever vaccination to travel to Oman?
A yellow fever vaccine is required if traveling from a country with risk of yellow fever transmission.
For more information, click on the following link:
How many entries are allowed with the Oman e-Visa?
Do I need a sponsor to get the Oman e-Visa?
Who is eligible for the Oman e-Visa?
Why don't I see a multiple entry option when applying?
What do I need to apply for the Oman e-Visa?
We require the following to submit your application:
- A photograph of the applicant (digital)
- A scan of the applicant's passport
- Certain nationalities require a copy of valid visa or residence permit for one of the following countries (Schengen, United States of America, United Kingdom, Canada, Japan or Australia). These countries include Albania, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Bhutan, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Costa Rica, Cuba, El Salvador, Georgia, Guatemala, Honduras, India, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Maldives, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Peru, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan.
- Accommodation proof and airline confirmation (especially the return ticket) may be required when entering Oman, however it is not necessary to apply.
How far in advance should I apply for the Oman e-Visa?
Once I arrive in Oman, what documents do I need to present?
If I already possess a valid Oman e-Visa, can I apply for a new one?
Is there a fine if I stay in Oman beyond the one month allowed?
Is there any restriction on the time in which the Oman e-Visa can be used?
Can I enter to Oman by land with my eVisa?
Learn more about Oman Tourism
Where can I read more?
- Oman Visa Policy: Everything you need to know!
- Oman entry Covid test
- How Citizens of Pakistan Can Enter Oman During Coronavirus
- How Citizens of Germany Can Enter Oman During Coronavirus
- How Citizens of the United States Can Enter Oman During Coronavirus
- Oman Covid Entry Restrictions
- How Citizens of the United Kingdom Can Enter Oman During Coronavirus
- How Citizens of India Can Enter Oman During Coronavirus
- Do I need a vaccine to travel to Oman?
- What you should know about the Oman 14 day quarantine requirement
- Oman Vaccination Passport
- Oman Covid Entry Requirements
- How to do an Oman visa check and check the status
- Oman visa fee
- Do US citizens need a visa for Oman? - Cost and Requirements
- OMAN VISA FOR CANADIAN CITIZENS
- Oman visa information
- OMAN VISA FOR MALAYSIAN CITIZENS
- Applying for an Oman Visa Extension the Quick and Easy Way
- How to get an Oman entry visa
- OMAN VISA FOR PAKISTANI CITIZENS
- Where can I find the best Oman visit visa agents?
- WHAT ARE THE OMAN VISA REQUIREMENTS?
- Requirements for the citizens of Oman visa-free countries
- OMAN VISA PROCESSING TIME
- Oman visa photo size
- OMAN VISA ON ARRIVAL
- Oman visa for Indian citizens
- Oman Visa fee for Indian citizens
- Oman visa application
- Is the Oman visa for Indian citizens available in Muscat?
- How to make a proper Oman visa inquiry
- Do I have to print the Oman visa?
- Can I request an Oman visa verification?
- CAN I OBTAIN AN OMAN VISA ONCE I ARRIVEN IN MUSCAT?
- Can I get a visa on arrival in Muscat?
- Do I need a medical test to apply for an Oman visa?
- Oman visa for UAE residents traveling by road
- Oman visa requirements for UAE residents
- How to successfully plan an Oman visa run
- Oman visa types