As a British citizen or a legal resident of the United Kingdom, you are required to obtain a visa if you plan to travel to Pakistan. While you can go to the Pakistani embassy in London to apply for it, you also have the option of getting a Pakistan eVisa online. According to Pakistan’s visa policy, UK citizens are eligible for an electronic visa. So, although you have the option to go to the embassy in London, why would you when you have a better alternative? Below, you will find the answers to some of the most commonly asked questions about the Pakistan eVisa. That way, you can find out more details about it.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What are the requirements I have to meet to apply for a Pakistan eVisa?
Before you proceed to the application page where you can fill in the form, you must make sure that you have at hand the required documents and information that are necessary during the process. You should not find this task particularly challenging because the list does not include items that are difficult to acquire. Plus, you may already have some of them. Here is what you need:
- Passport – what you have to do is make sure that it is valid and remains as such for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Pakistan. Take a look at its expiry date before you begin the application process. A scan of the passport’s information page is also necessary
- Proof of accommodation – a hotel booking confirmation is adequate, but if you wish to stay with family or friends, you need to ask them to write an invitation letter
- Digital passport photo – make sure that the picture is taken in the last 3 months
- Travel itinerary
- Proof of legal residence – you do not need this unless you plan on applying from a different country, other than the one of origin
- Return flight ticket
- Valid e-mail address – when you apply online for a Pakistan eVisa, the document arrives via e-mail in PDF format. Do not forget to print it out before you leave for Pakistan
- Means of payment – iVisa accepts multiple methods of payment. You can use a credit or a debit card, but PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat are also accepted
How soon should I expect the Pakistan eVisa to arrive?
That depends. iVisa gives you three options for the processing time so that you can choose one that best satisfies your needs. That way, you can receive your travel document precisely at the right moment. Here is what you can opt for:
- Standard processing – your Pakistan eVisa is ready within 15 days
- Rush processing – you have to wait 13 days for your application to be processed
- Super Rush processing – your eVisa arrives within just 10 days
How much does a Pakistan eVisa cost?
The amount you are charged for a Pakistan eVisa is determined during the application process when you choose your nationality and the processing speed of your application. Naturally, the sooner you want your eVisa to arrive, the more you have to pay for it. The prices for each option are as follows:
- Standard - USD 100.00
- Rush - USD 120.00
- Super Rush - USD 140.00
What is the validity period of a Pakistan eVisa?
The Pakistan eVisa expires 90 days after arrival after issuance.
How many times can I enter Pakistan with a Pakistan eVisa?
The Pakistan eVisa is a Single Entry visa.
How long can I stay in Pakistan with a Pakistan eVisa?
The Pakistan eVisa allows you to remain in Pakistan for up to 30 days Per Entry.
Can I use a Pakistan eVisa at any point of entry in Pakistan?
No. With a Pakistan eVisa, you can cross the Pakistani border only via the following points of entry:
- Islamabad Airport
- Lahore Airport
- Peshawar Airport
- Karachi Airport
- Quetta Airport
- Multan Airport
- Rahim Yar Khan Airport
- Bahawalpur Airport
- Faisalabad Airport
- Wahga Land Route
- Wahga Railway Station
- Khokarapar Railway Station
- Karachi Sea Port
- Ghassbandar Sea Port
- Port Bin Qasim
- Taftan Land Route
- Gwadar Airport
- Gwada Sea Port
- Sost Land Route
- Sialkot Airport