As a US citizen living in Los Angeles, you have two possibilities when it comes to getting a Pakistan visa. One, you can go to the nearest Pakistani diplomatic mission and submit an application there, or two, you apply online for a Pakistan eVisa. As a US citizen, you are among the nationalities that are eligible for an electronic visa. While the first solution works just fine, why would go to an embassy when you can enjoy the convenience of an online application process from the comfort of your home?
To find out more details about the Pakistan eVisa, the answers to the most commonly asked questions below should be of help. For further information, please contact iVisa’s customer support service. It is at your disposal 24/7 and entirely free of charge.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What are the requirements I have to meet to apply for a Pakistan eVisa?
The online process of getting a Pakistan eVisa is not difficult or time-consuming. Even so, you must make sure that you have at hand everything that is required. The list, however, is not long, and you may already have some of the things mentioned. Here is what you need:
- Passport – what you have to do is to make sure that it is valid and remains as such for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Pakistan. Take a look at its expiry date before you begin the application process. A scan of the passport’s information page is also necessary
- Proof of accommodation – a hotel booking confirmation is adequate, but if you wish to stay with family or friends, you need to have them write an invitation letter
- Digital passport photo – make sure that the picture is taken in the last 3 months
- Travel itinerary
- Proof of legal residence – you do not need this unless you plan on applying from a different country, other than the one of origin
- Return flight ticket
- Valid e-mail address – when you apply online for a Pakistan eVisa, the document arrives via e-mail in PDF format. Do not forget to print it out before you leave for Pakistan
- Means of payment – iVisa accepts multiple methods of payment. You can use a credit or a debit card, but PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat are also accepted
How long must I wait for a Pakistan eVisa? How much does it cost?
The cost of a Pakistan eVisa is directly related to your nationality and the processing speed you want for your application. It is natural for you to pay more if you want your application processed as soon as possible. Here are the prices:
- Standard processing – your Pakistan eVisa is ready within 15 Business Days, and you are charged USD 100.00
- Rush processing – you have to wait 13 Business Days for your application to be processed, and the cost is USD 120.00
- Super Rush processing – your eVisa arrives within just 10 Business Days, and the fee is USD 140.00
What is the validity period of a Pakistan eVisa?
The Pakistan eVisa maintains its validity for 90 days after arrival since the issue date.
How many times can I enter Pakistan with a Pakistan eVisa?
The Pakistan eVisa is a Single Entry visa.
How long can I stay in Pakistan with a Pakistan eVisa?
The Pakistan eVisa grants you a stay that cannot exceed 30 days Per Entry.
Can I use a Pakistan eVisa at any point of entry in Pakistan?
No. The Pakistan eVisa is accepted only at a few specific border checkpoints which are listed below. If you decide to travel to Pakistan via another point of entry, you need a standard visa issued directly by the Pakistani embassy in the Los Angeles area.
- Islamabad Airport
- Lahore Airport
- Peshawar Airport
- Karachi Airport
- Quetta Airport
- Multan Airport
- Rahim Yar Khan Airport
- Bahawalpur Airport
- Faisalabad Airport
- Wahga Land Route
- Wahga Railway Station
- Khokarapar Railway Station
- Karachi Sea Port
- Ghassbandar Sea Port
- Port Bin Qasim
- Taftan Land Route
- Gwadar Airport
- Gwada Sea Port
- Sost Land Route
- Sialkot Airport