When you are looking for your next vacation destination, one of the things on your mind is whether or not you need a visa to reach that particular destination. This is an essential factor for most people. If Pakistan is the location you chose for your next holiday, keep in mind that most nationalities are required to obtain a visa in advance. There are only 5 countries whose citizens are exempt from doing so. However, you should also know that Pakistan adopted the electronic visa system and you can apply for a Pakistan eVisa online as long as you are eligible.
To find out whether or not you qualify for a Pakistan eVisa, you can use iVisa’s Visa Checker Tool which you can find it on the homepage of our website. All you have to do is select your country of origin in the drop-down menu on the left, and then pick Pakistan as your destination in the box on the right. If you are eligible, you will be redirected to the application page. If not, you will receive information on the closest Pakistani embassies.
Regarding the Pakistan online visa application, you should not struggle with it at all. iVisa created an accessible form so that you do not make too much of an effort during the process. Nevertheless, there are a few things you must know about it.
First of all, you cannot proceed to fill in the application form until you make sure that you meet the requirements. That is very important. Even so, the necessary documents and information are easy to acquire. You may already have some of them at your disposal. Here is what you will need:
- Passport – what you have to do is to make sure that it is valid and remains as such for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Pakistan. Take a look at its expiry date before you begin the application process. A scan of the passport’s information page is also necessary
- Proof of accommodation – a hotel booking confirmation is adequate, but if you wish to stay with family or friends, you need to have them write an invitation letter
- Digital passport photo – make sure that the picture is taken in the last 3 months
- Travel itinerary
- Proof of legal residence – you do not need this unless you plan on applying from a different country, other than the one of origin
- Return flight ticket
- Valid e-mail address – when you apply online for a Pakistan eVisa, the document arrives via e-mail in PDF format. Do not forget to print it out before you leave for Pakistan
- Means of payment – iVisa accepts multiple methods of payment. You can use a credit or a debit card, but PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat are also acceptable
Second of all, keep in mind that the Pakistan visa application form consists of two steps. The first one requires you to provide your general information such as name, address, phone number, nationality, and so on. It also asks that you choose a processing speed for your application, which will influence the cost of your Pakistan eVisa. During the second step, you need to make the payment using one of the methods mentioned above and to carefully review your form. It is crucial that all the information you provide is 100% accurate. Make sure to check the spelling before you submit your application. A simple mistake as a typo can invalidate the entire travel document.
So, to answer your question, yes. You can submit a Pakistan visa application online, but only as long as you are eligible. Since 175 nationalities have access to Pakistan’s electronic visa system, your chances are pretty good. For more information on the matter, do not hesitate to contact iVisa’s customer support. The service is at your disposal 24/7 and entirely free of charge.