Are you going to Pakistan anytime soon? Have you checked whether you need a visa? Since only 5 nationalities are exempt, chances are that you need one in advance. However, there is good news as well. Apparently, Pakistan recently adopted the electronic visa system, and the citizens of 175 countries have access to it. As a result, you may be able to apply for a Pakistan eVisa online, and iVisa is here to guide you through the application process. For more information, please consult the answers to some of the most commonly asked questions below.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
As a Malawian citizen, do I have access to a Pakistan eVisa?
Yes, the citizens of Malawi can apply for a Pakistan eVisa online.
What are the requirements I have to meet for a Pakistan eVisa?
The online process of getting a Pakistan eVisa involves an online application form, but before you fill that in, you have to make sure that you meet a few requirements. Here is what you need:
- Passport – do not forget to take a look at its expiry date before you start the online application process. You have to make sure that it remains valid for another 6 months from the date of arrival in Pakistan. You must scan the passport’s information page.
- Proof of accommodation – you can present a hotel booking confirmation. However, if you plan on staying with family or friends, you need to have them write a letter of invitation
- Digital passport photo – make sure that the picture is not older than 3 months
- Travel itinerary
- Proof of legal residence – you do not need this unless you plan on applying from a different country, other than the one of origin
- Return flight ticket
- Valid e-mail address – your Pakistan eVisa arrives via e-mail in PDF format, which is why you need to provide a valid address. Remember to print out the eVisa before departure
- Means of payment – iVisa is flexible when it comes to payments. You can use a credit or debit card, but we also take PayPal, Alipay, as well as WeChat
How long must I wait for my Pakistan eVisa to be ready?
Not too long. Besides, you get three options when it comes to the processing time of your application. That way, you can choose the one that is most convenient for you. They are as follows:
- Standard processing – your application is processed within 15 days
- Rush processing – your Pakistan eVisa is ready within 13 days
- Super Rush processing – it takes 10 days for your application to be reviewed
How much does it cost to apply for a Pakistan eVisa online?
The Pakistan eVisa does not have the same cost for everyone. It is established by your nationality and the processing time option you choose for your application. Here are the prices:
- Standard - USD 60.00
- Rush - USD 80.00
- Super Rush - USD 100.00
What is the validity period of a Pakistan eVisa?
The Pakistan eVisa is valid for 90 days after arrival since the issue date.
Is the Pakistan eVisa a single or a multiple-entry visa?
The Pakistan eVisa is a Single Entry visa.
For how long can I remain in Pakistan with a Pakistan eVisa?
The Pakistan eVisa allows you to remain in Pakistan for no more than 30 days Per Entry.
Are there any specific points of entry that accept a Pakistan eVisa?
Yes. When you travel with a Pakistan eVisa, you need to cross the border via the checkpoints you see below. If you choose a different one, then you have to obtain a standard visa issued by a Pakistani diplomatic mission.
- Islamabad Airport
- Lahore Airport
- Peshawar Airport
- Karachi Airport
- Quetta Airport
- Multan Airport
- Rahim Yar Khan Airport
- Bahawalpur Airport
- Faisalabad Airport
- Wahga Land Route
- Wahga Railway Station
- Khokarapar Railway Station
- Karachi Sea Port
- Ghassbandar Sea Port
- Port Bin Qasim
- Taftan Land Route
- Gwadar Airport
- Gwada Sea Port
- Sost Land Route
- Sialkot Airport